Vote: Amend CouchDB Bylaws (see thread)
The proposal passed.
Vote (ongoing): Accept BigCouch Donation from Cloudant (see thread)
Cloudant is in the process of donating the work they’ve done on BigCouch since last year’s initial drop. This particular vote was for the CouchDB Team to accept this donation. Another vote is in progress for accepting the donation through IP clearance.
List functions in Erlang (see thread)
Question: a user asked for examples of one or more List functions in Erlang.
Answer: there’s an overview which can be found in CouchDB’s docs here.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- express-pouchdb 0.5.1 – express submodule with a CouchDB style REST interface to PouchDB
- couch-db 1.1.2 – extendable CouchDB client for node.js, with convenient apis
- txn 0.2.14 – Process and update CouchDB data in atomic, all-or-nothing transactions
- couch-web 0.2.5 – a boilerplate for CouchDB webapps
- Kleks – a pure CouchDB-based CMS written as a CouchApp using Kanso, Spine.js, CoffeeScript and Stylus; source code
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: a boilerplate project to tie CouchDB, Haskell, Happstack and Backbone.js together
- Stack Overflow: Advanced permissions with CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB view default options in design document not working
- Stack Overflow: How to store each database in a different directory
- Stack Overflow: How to write wildcard search query in CouchDB where name like ‘a%’
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB, Fauxton – installation of, locating files
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB database design options
- Stack Overflow: How can i write query with OR case in CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: How Can I store a string in CouchDB using Ajax?
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you!
- August 5, Toronto, Canada – NoSQL for SQL Professionals
- August 23, FrOSCon, Bonn, Germany – lecture: A CouchDB replication endpoint in PHP (talk)
- November 17-21, Budapest, Hungary – ApacheCon EU 2014; Early Bird Tickets are available until August 1
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Java Developer, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Time to relax!
- “I hope to convince you that wilful ignorance is a vital ingredient of human creativity, and therefore of programmer creativity, because a programmer is a type of human.” – I have no idea what I’m doing, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
- “We’re only human, after all, and outsmarting our own brains is a difficult prospect. Admitting our own biases and respecting the limits of our own understanding — those are the first steps to making better decisions.” – Your Brain Hates You, and Other Hazards of Metrics