Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- clusterpost-provider 2.3.0 – This is an Hapi plugin to execute jobs in remote computing grids using a REST API.
- couchdocs 1.2.7 – Command-line tools to operate with JSON files in sync with CouchDB
- @forgerock/openam-agent-cache-couchdb 2.0.1 – Cache using CouchDB for the OpenAM Policy Agent for NodeJS
- sensu-plugins-couchdb 2.0.0 (Ruby) – Sensu CouchDB plugins
- ember-pouch 4.2.8 – Ember Pouch is a PouchDB/CouchDB adapter for Ember Data 2.0+.
- pouchdb-silverlining 0.1.0 – The pouchdb-silverlining project is a PouchDB plugin that allows SQL queries to be performed against PouchDB databases.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [MINUTES] 2.1 Bug Review IRC meeting minutes, Joan Touzet
- [TUTORIAL] Running a CouchDB 2.0 Cluster in Production on AWS with Docker, Geoff Cox
- [POST] CouchDB Writes: Piecemeal, Bulk, or Batch? Glynn Bird
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 25: connecting to CouchDB from .NET, Andras Nemes
- [POST] Restricting Document Updates in CouchDB, Josh Morony
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline web applications — lessons learned, Adam Pierzchala
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- sincronizador – Sync Odoo database in realtime/offline and track all the changes with this module based on CouchDB.
- Which data-structure on CouchDB with three entities (User, Folder, Files)?
- Access CouchDB with external URL
- How to connect to Cloudant/CouchDB using SparkSQL in DataScience Experience?
- How would I query keys such that it would partially match?
- Most efficient way to delete multiple occurrences of value with CouchDB
no public answer yet:
- How to use ?descending=true&startkey=“z” in CouchDB and PHP?
- Error In Comparing Between Two objects in CouchDB lists
- CouchDB filtering by date
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Display calculated data with CouchDB and PouchDB
- Setting up and inserting data in PouchDb on Ionic 2
no public answer yet:
- How can I speed up PouchDB?
- PouchDB continous replication without longpoll
- Uncaught (in promise) CustomPouchError
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- August 3, Nottingham, UK: Women in Tech, Nottingham: CouchDB, PouchDB and Offline-Tolerant Applications
- October 9-11, Berlin, Germany: React Days 2017, We are building a Progressive Web app
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Sr. Backend Software Engineer, San Francisco (CA), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- PHP Web Developer / Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Canada
Time to relax!
- “Even if you’re short on time and resources, there are many ways to live a little healthier during the remaining days of summer. Here are six strategies to help you get started on a healthier path now.” – Sans Vacation? Six Tips For A Healthier, More Relaxing Summer
- “Feng Shui your bedroom is one of the most important rooms in your house, this is where you sleep and rejuvenate your body. It’s your personal space; the outside world is kept away. When you walk into your bedroom you should feel a welcoming warmth: It should be serene, peaceful and inspire proper rest, privacy, and your true personality.” – Feng Shui Yourself to Sleep
- “…The tone of reality shows outside the U.S. tends to be calmer and (surprisingly) more based in reality. So instead of amping up stress levels before bed with certain shows, some viewers have tried visually beautiful, mentally relaxing programs that happen to come from foreign shores.” – Netflix’s Latest Hit Series Is a Boring, Soothing Japanese Reality Show
- “…there are those who are beginning to appreciate the potential of ASMR as a relaxing technique. Many people who experience it say that videos help them sleep or reduce anxiety, leaving an interesting field to explore on possible therapeutic applications of ASMR as an alternative natural relief for stress, insomnia or anxiety.” – What is ASMR?
… and also in the news
- 4 Men with 4 Very Different Incomes Open Up About the Lives They Can Afford
- How work changed to make us all passionate quitters
- Towards a True Children’s Cinema: on ‘My Neighbor Totoro’
- I’m so tired and I’m not even a woman.
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.