Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudant-nano 6.6.0 – Minimalistic CouchDB driver for Node.js
- couchable 0.4.5 (Python) – Allows arbitrary python objects to be stored in CouchDB, while keeping the resulting CouchDB document as “natural” as possible.
- icouch 0.3.10 (Erlang) – A CouchDB client for Elixir using ibrowse for HTTP transfer
- kivik 1.3.3 – Kivik provides a generic interface to CouchDB or CouchDB-like databases for Go and GopherJS.
- nativescript-couchdb 0.6.15 – Nativescript plugin for CouchDB
- node-couch-database-spawner 1.1.0 – CouchDB database spawner for Node.Js using node-couch
- shimaore-pouchdb-core 6.3.4 – The core of PouchDB as a standalone package.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Test-driving Shiny with CouchDB (and RStudio), Sebastian Rothbucher
- [POST] Redesigning Persistence Entities For Nosql, Talha Ocakçı
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to empty Cloudant databases from the GUI?
- Check if attachment is up to date with current document revision in CouchDB
- Is there good way to backup and delete and backout the document from CouchDB?
- Deleting all documents in CouchDB
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- PouchDB’s find() always says “no matching index” even if I make one
- Is it possible to ‘reopen’ closed DB in PouchDB
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB in a web worker on iOS : is there a viable solution as of today?
- PouchDB Local-to-Remote replication goes into “paused” with no record replicated
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 10-13, Grants Pass (OR), US: Offline Camp Oregon
- November 11 – Visakhapatnam, India: Vizag Bluemix User Group, Deploying your first Node Application to IBM Bluemix
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior Web Back-end Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Golang Backend Engineer, Virtual Reality, Brooklyn (NY), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Web Full-Stack Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- Team Lead – Engineering, Chicago (IL), US
Also in the news
- Behind Bars: 61 Poets Who Went To Jail
- The Benefits of Saying Nice Things About Your Colleagues
- Harvey Weinstein and the Economics of Consent
- ‘Tiny House Hunters’ and the shrinking American dream
- 30+ diversity and inclusion activists and organisations I look up to