CouchDB / NoSQL Benchmarking (see thread)
A CouchDB user created a tool for benchmarking and would like some feedback from the community. The github project can be found here.
Sharing CommonJS modules across design documents / databases? (see thread)
Considering storage for modules, a user wants to know if he has to duplicate the library across all design documents and databases needing it.
Question about replication. (see thread)
A user describes a scenario for CouchDB replication and wants to know, if to expect conflicts and how to prevent those: “I want to make a one-time replication from instance B to A, (after review) so that all documents, modified at B be replicated to A, overwriting modifications made meanwhile at A.” The answer is here.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- hapi-couchdb-account 2.0.0 – Account REST & front-end API
- hapi-couchdb-account-api 1.0.0 – Account REST API backed by CouchDB
- well-groomed-feast 1.1.5 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- couch2elastic4sync 1.1.2 – Since Elasticsearch rivers are deprecated this is a simple node process that will follow a CouchDB changes feed and updates Elasticsearch.
- tagesdecke 0.1.1 – A thin access library for CouchDB
- spawn-pouchdb-server 3.3.0 – Configurable per-app pouchdb-server as a drop-in replacement for CouchDB
- pouch-remote-stream 0.1.3 – PouchDB remote stream
- pouch-stream-tests 0.1.3 – PouchDB stream tests
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- The Hamburg CouchDB community now has a logo and a Twitter account!
- Ember App with pushState routers served directly from CouchDB working. Discuss in the Forum.
- [Blog Post] Applications in CouchDB, A business strategy (work in progress)
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Tweet] “FWIW I consider all my writing public domain/creative commons/whatever. Translate at will! 🙂” Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- NoSQL Server on Android?
- Integrate CouchDB with Erlang to connect to Server?
- Seq number for CouchDB document
- CouchDB: View a specific document by key using curl
- External process to handle CouchDB notification causes crash
- Sorting CouchDB result by value – by a particular property?
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
- CouchDB Mass Update (Curl PUT Messages)
- CouchDB recover deleted database
- Couchdb replication based on sequence number
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Running PouchDB within an Atom package?
- Opening existing IndexedDB (via PouchDB), a small amount of data is appended to my offline storage data?
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 04, Melbourne, AUS: Meteor Melbourne 24 “CouchDB and Meteor – Peter Ilfrich talks through using CouchDB as an alternative to Mongo in your Meteor app”
- November 21, Springbrook, AUS: CouchDB and PouchDB Session at CamJS VI
- November 24, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- [e.g.] Data Engineer, City, State
- Database Administrator, San Diego (CA), US
- Backend Engineer at Health Startup, Berlin, Germany
Time to relax!
- “MolCraft is a world where the majestic helices of myoglobin rise above you. Where you can explore this massive molecule and its iron centre that carries oxygen around your muscles. Or, if you prefer you can fly down a pore through which water molecules normally flow across cell membranes.” – How Minecraft could help teach chemistry’s building blocks of life
- “One way to address the lack of diversity in tech is to expose kids to computer science as early as possible.” – New website showcases profiles of people of color working in tech
- “These fleeting online occurrences can make an already difficult grieving process even more complicated and bizarre—mainly because it’s more difficult than you might expect to decide, finally, what to make of these things, or what to do about them. My Street View discovery was the best, but it was also the worst. ” – The Ghosts in Our Machines
- “An article will contain a narrative about the event that is currently occurring but also will contain more evergreen information such as background context, key players, etc. But the reliance on the form of the article as the atomic unit of news means that all of that information has essentially been treated as ephemeral. ” – The Future of News is not an article
- “Daniel Craig is the Bond we deserve, a Bond who takes seriously the job of embodying a savage yearning for a lost fantasy of the 1950s. It is about masculinity, yes, but also about Britishness, about whiteness and about heterosexuality, about the loss of certainty in all of these in a changing world.” – The tragedy of James Bond