2.0 & Windows: status update (see thread)
Joan Touzet provides an update on status of the CouchDB 2.0 port to Microsoft Windows.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-changes-response 0.2.0 — Mimic CouchDB’s
_changesresponse in a streaming fashion
- fam 1.0.7 (Python) — Simple Python ORM for CouchDB, and Sync Gateway
- flavor-utils 3.2.0 — Utility functions to manipulate cheminfo flavor system on CouchDB
- opp-perch 0.15.11 (Python) — Open Permissions Platform Couchdb Library
- poms 2.1.1 (Ruby Gems) — Interface to POMS CouchDB API
- pouchdb-design 1.2.0 — Design doc helpers for PouchDB.
- pouchdb-memory 1.1.0 — A purely in-memory PouchDB, as a custom build
- underpouch 0.3.0 — An underscore wrapper for querying documents in a PouchDB.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Hackers Breach US Company and Unwittingly Expose 154 Million Voter Records, Softpedia
- [POST] Offline Syncing in Ionic 2 with PouchDB & CouchDB, Josh Morony
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [SLIDES] Data persistence using PouchDB, Dimgba Kalu and Austine Iyke
- [POST] Chrome 52 is doing a trial run of the Persistent Storage API, Google Developers
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Protractor-perf with perfjankie
- Why is CouchDB’s reduce_limit enabled by default? (Is it better to approximate SQL JOINS in MapReduce views or List views?)
no public answer yet:
- How to create a database in CouchDB programmatically?
- new Map() not supported on CouchDB? Looking for a good alternative
- CouchDB error, bad request, reason, invalid_json
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- Store formly fields forms in PouchDB
- Why PouchDB cannot be accessed with users created?
- Is there a tool like sqlserver/oracle for PouchDB?
- Typescript can’t find
require, setting up pouchdb with Ionic2
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- July 10, New York (NY), US, CouchDB™ Boston: Database Camp, free conference at the UN in NYC
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, DC, US
- eSports Web Developer, Mid-Senior Level, Diamond Bar (CA), US
- Passionate Developer with Personality for Full-Time Telecommute Position, Arnold (MD), US/Remote
- Principal Software Engineer – IP Video, Denver (CO), US
- Technical Solutions Lead Job, London, UK
- Lead Scala/Java Backend Developer, Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “A great white shark, on the other hand, has an entirely different type of sleep experience, and it’ll likely wake up not knowing where it is. It turns out that the shark sleeps while swimming in a robot like auto-pilot mode. It’s sleep-swimming if you will, but that’s not a medical condition. The whole thing was captured on video for the first time.” – Video catches great white shark sleep-swimming
- “Relaxation is not all in the mind. It is a full-body experience as this mindfulness exercise will show you. In this guided meditation, Deepak Chopra invites you to lie down in Savasana with eyes closed and arms at your sides.” – A 4-Minute Meditation for Relaxation by Deepak Chopra
- “Anyone struggling with stress understands that even a little time to relax can help a lot, and Breathe for iPhone is an app that walks you through simple breathing exercises to help you relax, de-stress, and find a little peace.” – Breathe for iPhone Walks You Through Breathing and Relaxation Exercises
- “Paint: has it ever been so hypnotic?” – Watch Paint Spill into Beautifully Soothing Patterns
- “We’ll admit it: Being a human is hard. In the GPS Guide below, reader Shakti Rose shares some soothing mantras to help you deal with the complexities of life. Read them when you’re struggling with a problem, feeling low in self-esteem or having any other stressful moments. You’ll be back to a better state of mind in no time.” – These Mantras Will Soothe Your Soul In A Matter Of Minutes
- “In times of stress or hardship, music can be a portable safe space that provides an escape from whatever is going on in the world. Music lovers everywhere put on headphones and tune out their surroundings, finding that a relaxing melody can sometimes be the best medicine.” – Listen to This: De-stress to a calming playlist for a taxing week
… and also in the news
- Footage You Were Never Supposed to See
- Aziz Ansari: Why Trump Makes Me Scared for My Family
- Edward Snowden’s Strangely Free Life – As a Robot
- GitHub: Making open source data more available
- Ku Klux Klan dreams of rising again 150 years after founding
- Short existentialist plays starring you and your coworkers.