[PLANNING] CouchDB 2.1 (see thread)
Robert Kowalski starts the discussion on features for future releases 2.0.1 or 2.1.0.
Publisher account for CouchDB snap (see thread)
Over the past few months, with help from Michael Hall and others, a Snap package has been created for CouchDB 2.x that he would like
to make available through the Snap Store.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- 5984 – 1.0.0 – Lightweight CouchDB CLI and API for efficient stream processing.
- chooh 0.2.0 (Python) – Utility for working with CouchDB design document applications
- couchdb_connector 0.4.3 (Elixir) – A connector for CouchDB with support for views and authentication.
- couchdiscover 0.2.3 (Python) – Autodiscovery & Clustering for CouchDB 2.0 with Kubernetes
- excel-couchdb-import 1.1.0 – Import Excel sheets to CouchDB
- iobroker.sql 1.4.0 – Log state sql in a two-stages process (first to Redis, then to CouchDB)
- spicy-action 7.0.0 – HTTP(S) proxy & Socket.IO relay for CouchDB and others
- gpii-pouchdb 1.0.1 – This package provides Fluid components that wrap PouchDB and express-pouchdb.
- http-pouchdb 2.0.0 – Access remote CouchDB databases like you would access your local PouchDB ones.
- pouchdb-adapter-react-native-sqlite 1.0.1 – PouchDB adapter using ReactNative SQLite Plugin as its data store.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Using Rep to test, benchmark, and experiment with CouchDB and IBM Cloudant, Nicolae Vatamaniuc
- [BOOK] Server-Side Swift, Paul Hudson
- [POST] Introducing CouchDB monitoring (beta), Jakub Mierzewski
- [POST] Installing CouchDB 2.0 with Haproxy and CertBot/Let’s Encrypt on Centos 7, Daniel West
- [SLIDES] How Telltale Games migrated its story analytics from Apache CouchDB to Amazon DynamoDB, Zac Litton and Greg McConnel
- [POST] Authentication for Cloudant Envoy Apps, Part I, Glynn Bird
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [RFC] Breaking changes in PouchDB 7.0.0, Nolan Lawson
- [POST] Creating A PouchDB Plugin For Bulk Document Updates, Ben Nadel
- [POST] Retrying Bulk Updates In PouchDB Using A Recursive Promise Chain, Ben Nadel
- [POST] Updating Multiple Documents With PouchDB, Ben Nadel
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to return the latest record by timestamp?
- Cloudant design document crashed with error, how can I fix it
- Group by with Array in JSON with N1QL Couchbase
no public answer yet:
- How to get all designs from CouchDB?
- Will CouchDB accept the largest possible file that could reside in a FAT32 fs?
- How store web scraped data in CouchDB using Python?
- Importing to Couch-DB changes encoding
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- noradaiko/pouchdb-adapter-react-native-sqlite: a PouchDB adapter for SQLite in React Native.
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- January 20, 2017, Budapest, Hungary: NodeConf Budapest
- May 6-7, 2017, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, 2017, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- SaaS Cloud Engineer, Denver (CO), US/Remote
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Principal Software Engineer (Java, node.js, Ruby), Portland (OR), US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Big Data Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Pipeline Developer (LA Based), Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- New Platform Architect, Sydney, Australia
Time to relax with the best of (and last of) 2016!
- “This was a weird year for many—including Mother Nature. This year brought us two-headed sharks, anal-drumming caterpillars, and a spider with an internal disco ball—you can’t make this stuff up.” – The 10 Weirdest Animal Stories of 2016
- “Every year, I find big themes or specific company stories that I feel are impressive, important, or indicative of where the world is going. In 2016, two dwarf the rest: the election of Donald Trump and significant action on climate change. The context for sustainable business in 2017 may center on the competition between these two stories; that is, how will Trump and his team impact or impede progress on climate and other sustainability issues?” – 9 Sustainable Business Stories That Shaped 2016
- “The NPR music team picks its favorite music vidoes of 2016.” – Best music videos of 2016
- “Thanks to the wonder that is the internet, every truth comes with two lies. There were tons of rumors that circulated this year about our favorite movies, shows, and comic book franchises. Of course, tons of them turned out to be total bullshit—and sometimes, that was a real disappointment.” – 13 Rumors From 2016 We Wish Had Been True
- “From Making Oprah to Trumpcast and My Dad Wrote a Porno, here are the most brilliant, essential listens of the year.” – The 50 best podcasts of 2016
… and also in the news
- The 10 Most Intriguing Skeletons Of 2016
- This Is What the Resistance Sounds Like
- This Deep Sea Fisherman Posts His Discoveries on Twitter and OH MY GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
- The worst pop culture of 2016
- Design, Tech & Privilege
- 5 Surefire Ways To Inspire Others More Deeply And Powerfully Next Year
Note: The CouchDB Weekly News will return on January 5, 2017. Happy Holidays!