Getting people to test CouchDB 2.0 alpha releases (see thread)
Can you help us get the CouchDB 2.0 alpha release in front of more people to test out? Check out some of the ideas in this brainstorm thread so far.
Rails Girls Summer of Code (see thread)
The Rails Girls Summer of Code is still accepting applications for Open Source projects to mentor its participants and the deadline is approaching fast! All Open Source projects (not just Rails-based) are welcome, so check it out.
Documentation for CI (see thread)
Where should documentation live? Should there be one source of truth?
Re: Applied for official Docker image (see thread)
Progress is being made on the official Docker image application process and now your feedback is needed!
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- rx-couch 1.3.1 (Node) – RxJS-flavored APIs for CouchDB
- pouchdb-find 0.9.0 – Easy-to-use query language for PouchDB (beta).
- redux-pouchdb-plus (Node) – Synchronize Redux store with PouchDB to have a persistent store.
- express-pouchdb-jwt 1.0.1 (Node) – Authenticate PouchDB using JSON Web Token.
- react-native-pouchdb – Hacky way to run pouchdb in react-native.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [TUTORIAL] How To Install CouchDB and Futon on Ubuntu 14.04, Digital Ocean
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [UPDATE] MemDOWN (and thus PouchDB’s in-memory adapter) will be 1.5-2x faster in the next release.
- [TALK] Garren Smith is speaking about Building responsive off-line web applications with CouchDB and PouchDB at DevConf in Johannesburg, South Africa
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Gooseberry is a system for creating interactive SMS sessions. It stores SMS sessions in CouchDB.
- JSON in CouchDB strange behavior
- CouchDB and PouchDB are not storing info in the same place
- Catching incoming CouchDB documents
- CouchDB: Performance dynamic and static content
no public answer yet:
- Slow CouchDB queries, is this normal?
- How to know CouchDB has changed in IONIC app?
- Node.js put request with CouchDB
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- How to prevent users from overwriting each other’s data
- When destroy and after that, create new PouchDB using of newly created db fails
- Authentication PouchDB for login
- PouchDB: Create a design doc for fetching unique keys
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 02, Hamburg, Germany: Mango (Less Talk, More Action!)
- February 05, Chicago (IL), US: Cloud DB Day Chicago
- February 25, Montreal, Canada: Offline-First Apps with PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
Time to relax!
- “Coffee lovers, relax! Contrary to current belief, regular caffeine consumption does not lead to extra heartbeats, which causes heart- or stroke-related morbidity and mortality in rare cases…” – Relax, coffee-lovers! Caffeine consumption doesn’t increase heartbeats
- “‘Sound works on so many levels,’ Larson says. Consider the feeling of standing in front of a powerful loudspeaker, or the use of ultrasound. Larson says she has found that a sound session can help with pain, relaxation and anxiety, sleep, energy balance and ‘overall awakening.’” – Relax with a bath … of sound. Its practitioners say it’s like a massage or meditation.
- “If you are doing something poorly AND you don’t enjoy it, then you probably suck at it. If you are doing it poorly, but it’s important to you, or you want to get better at it, or it fascinates you – keep trying.” – On Not Mourning Your Failures & Overcoming Burn-Out
- “Given the complex links between our environment, minds, brains and bodies, it is not surprising that relaxation can be challenging, elusive and at times neglected. Yet simply allowing ourselves time to focus on our breathing, a feature that is common to most relaxation techniques, can improve cardiovascular and brain functions and reduce stress.” – How science can teach us to be more relaxed
- “Unfortunately, while many Web professionals work hard to make these work-related relationships as strong as possible, they often neglect their non-professional relationships, including those with family and friends and even with themselves and their own health and well-being.” – Fostering Healthy Non-Professional Relationships
- “Recently, my whole neighborhood was hit by a power outage. No phones, computers, hot water, heating, or electricity in my house. I was forced to unplug due to the power outage. Forced to reflect and take stock in an authentic way.” – Why You Have to Relax Sometimes
… and also in the news
- Caltech Researchers Find Evidence of a Real Ninth Planet
- [VIDEO] The Winner of the Wind Games 2016
- Flint’s Water Crisis Explained in 3 GIFs
- David Bowie: astronomers give the Starman his own constellation
- The Secret To Writing Killer Product Copy
- At 83, I Decided to Develop an App (Also I’m Donald Rumsfeld ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)