- CouchDB now has an Official Docker image! Many thanks to Clemens Stolle for making this happen 👏🏻
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- bos-couchdb 0.2.2 (Node) – CouchDB service for BlueOak Server.
- cloudant 2.0.0b2 (Python) – Cloudant / CouchDB Client Library.
- couch-init2 2.0.0 (Node) – Opiniated CouchDB databases initializer.
- couchdb-audit 0.3.0 (Node) – An npm and Kanso module for auditing changes to CouchDB documents.
- couchdb-jwt 2.0.0 (Node) – A Node.js server for managing CouchDB authentication through JSON Web Tokens.
- couchdb-jwt-store-redis 2.0.0 (Node) – A Redis-backed session store for couchdb-jwt.
- couch2elastic4sync 3.1.2 (Node) – Sync CouchDB data to elasticsearch.
- dbdb 1.1.5 (Node) – Simple db layer. Supports only Cloudant/CouchDb at the moment.
- ndjson-to-couchdb 5.0.0 (Node) – Stream ndjson to CouchDB.
- backbone-pouch 1.5.0 (Node) – Backbone PouchDB Sync Adapter
- replication-monitor 0.1.7 (Python) – Replication Monitor – a GTK+ tool for AvanceDB, CouchDB, PouchDB and Cloudant.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Audit CouchDB – The Simple, Clear CouchDB Security Assessment, Lydecker Black
- [SLIDES] CouchDB: A Database That Completely Embraces The Web, Christian Liebel
- [POST] Micro-services and configuration, a different approach. Kevin Hodges
- [BLOG] Elixir, Phoenix and CouchDB — An Introduction, Marcus Krogemann
- [TUTORIAL] CouchDB login for Cloudant, Christian Grobmeier
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [TUTORIAL] Syncing Data with PouchDB and Cloudant in Ionic 2, Josh Morony
- [POST] Getting started with PouchDB to replace Parse, Bobby Dickenson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- What is the maximum allowed views in CouchDB?
- Efficient DB design with PouchDB/CouchDB
- Looking for a faster way to add data from a large CouchDB database into Pandas and plot it using Seaborn
- Database Create Operation Failed on Cloudant Local Dashboard
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- Replicate on specific number of changes in PouchDB
- With pouchdb-find should you be able to specify a field with dot notation?
- Saving deltas from delta-pouch with PouchDB
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Software Developer for Scala and .NET, Ludenscheid, Germany
- Full Stack Ruby-on-Rails Engineer, San Diego (CA), US
- Ruby on Rails Software Engineer, Campbell (CA), US
- Sr. Big-Data Software Engineer Lead, Foster City (CA), US
- Software Designer III, Washington, DC, US
Time to relax!
- “As for the health factors, ‘It’s very good for your skin. We recommend you not shower afterward because it can soak in and have a high nourishing factor,’ said [a] brewery representative.” – You Can Now Relax in a Beer-Filled Hot Tub
- “Relaxation is beneficial for everyone, but especially for those struggling with sleep. Practicing some simple relaxation techniques before bed is a great way to wind down, calm the mind, and prepare for sleep.” – Simple bedtime rituals to help you relax
- “We can think of mental health hygiene as being a lot like dental hygiene: we aim to remove unwanted stuff so we are left with only what is healthy and useful. And, while we may think we’re doing enough – much like looking our after our teeth – the reality is that most of us could be doing a lot more.” – The five things you should do daily for good mental health
- “There’s also no one-size-fits-all cure for burnout: Some people reach for junk food when stressed, while others may find themselves unable to sleep properly. Here are 11 of our favorites to help you create your own escape plan.” – 11 Ways to Avoid Burnout
- “Bought this and fell asleep forty seconds into using it so. It is legit.” Pause, A Meditation App Designed to Help the User Relax and Relieve Stress
- “…it’s not made from twigs and it’s definitely not for the birds. The gigantic, cozy nest is made from a foam-padded wooden backwall that’s covered with wooden panels and filled with egg-shaped cushions that allow for ergonomic sitting positions.” – Giant Birdsnest for Humans Breeds New Ideas, Not Chicks
… and also in the news
- Every Episode of The X-Files, Ranked From Best to Worst
- Learn Git Branching Visually
- Explaining how to visualize object-oriented software in action
- Healthy Open Source
- Why sleeping in could make you a better worker
- Norman Reedus Fighting Zombies on Hoverboards is the Funniest Thing You’ll See All Day!