GitHub Pull Requests merging policy (SEE THREAD)
Ongoing discussion of approaches and processes for merging Pull Requests on GitHub.
Vote: Import docker-couchdb (SEE THREAD)
The vote passed.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- beanbag 3.2.0 – generic CouchDB driver built upon request
- hoodie-plugins-api 0.4.1 – Hoodie interface to CouchDB
- stork-odm 0.1.16 – providing a layer of document management over the CouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
py-couchdb project is looking for a new maintainer. If someone is interested and would like to help, please contact Andrey Antukh (see contact details in this email).
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Node.js Engineer, Netherlands
- Senior Frontend Developer, Germany
- PHP Developer, Germany
Time to relax!
- “As the 120-ton space shuttle sits surrounded by almost 4 million pounds of rocket fuel, exhaling noxious fumes, visibly impatient to defy gravity, its on-board computers take command. Four identical machines, running identical software, pull information from thousands of sensors, make hundreds of milli-second decisions, vote on every decision, check with each other 250 times a second. A fifth computer, with different software, stands by to take control should the other four malfunction.” – Space Shuttle Software: They write the right stuff
- “Problems around this issue are not going to vanish overnight, but it’s clear that women won’t advance to top jobs until they can speak forcefully without being seen as incompetent, blabby nags. And without always having to second-guess their own actions in a way that men just don’t have to do.” – What happens when women speak up
- “If you ask someone specifically to consider speaking at your conference, they’re WAY more likely to consider submitting a talk than if you don’t.” – You can choose who submits talks to your conference
- “Being a low-budget community event, we didn’t have a lot of money. But we tried to show our attendees and speakers that we care about them. Here’s what we did and what it cost us.” – How much it cost us to make more attendees feel safe and welcome at .concat() 2015
… and also in the news
- “Man I love all the ideas behind CouchDB. If only all software would make you ‘Relax!'” (Boris van Hoytema, on Twitter)
- Beautiful high-res images from Mars