Apache CouchDB® 3.3.0 has been released and is available for download. It is a feature release, and was originally published on 2023-01-03.
Release Notes highlights:
- Improve replication performance by at least
3xfor certain workloads by…
- …speeding up the
- …making use of the faster
_bulk_getendpoint in the replicator
- …statistically skip calling the
_revs_diffendpoint if it is not needed
- this speeds up replications into empty databases significantly
- …more efficiently encoding all occurrences of
- …speeding up the
- A new
winning_revs_onlyreplicator option to create a database copy without any conflicts occurring in the source database
- Start using SHA256 for session cookie HMAC calculation
- Support Erlang 25 with its improved JIT support for ARM64
- For a more in-depth discussion see this recording of the November Berlin CouchDB User Group online meetup (free signup required, no spam)
- CouchDB is on Mastodon now
See the official release notes document for an exhaustive list of all changes:
Pre-built packages for Windows, macOS, Debian/Ubuntu and RHEL/CentOS are available alongside the source code distribution:
Apache CouchDB® lets you access your data where you need it. The Couch Replication Protocol is implemented in a variety of projects and products that span every imaginable computing environment from globally distributed server-clusters, over mobile phones to web browsers.
Store your data safely, on your own servers, or with any leading cloud provider. Your web- and native applications love CouchDB, because it speaks JSON natively and supports binary data for all your data storage needs.
The Couch Replication Protocol lets your data flow seamlessly between server clusters to mobile phones and web browsers, enabling a compelling offline-first user-experience while maintaining high performance and strong reliability. CouchDB comes with a developer-friendly query language, and optionally MapReduce for simple, efficient, and comprehensive data retrieval.
The community would like to thank all contributors for their part in making this release, from the smallest bug report or patch to major contributions in code, design, or marketing, we couldn’t have done it without you!
On behalf of the CouchDB PMC,