The CouchDB Code of Conduct is live (see thread)
The CouchDB Code of Conduct is now live, you’ll find it here.
Vote (ongoing): Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.1-rc.3 (will be released as Apache CouchDB 1.6.1) (see thread)
The release candidate is out. Please help test it out and vote! You’ll find details on the testing procedure here.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- CouchDB client for Go – see documentation and API Reference here and find details in this thread
- couch64 – handle base64 encoding and decoding inside CouchDB, e.g. in list functions
- lockit-couchdb-adapter 0.5.0 – CouchDB adapter for lockit
- rlx 0.1.8 – Command line interface for couchdb
- couchnacl 1.0.1 – use TweetNaCl.js from inside CouchDB
- couchdb-audit 0.1.2 – an npm and Kanso module for auditing changes to CouchDB documents
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- Rewriting the CouchDB HTTP layer
- An introduction to PouchDB
- Whirl Wind Tour of BigCouch Sources – manly for developers who want to understand the project’s code structure from the BigCouch merge. It will finally move to the CouchDB documentation
- CouchDB – Database Stores Data with JSON Documents
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB and MySQL
- Stack Overflow: How to connect with CouchDB by AngularJS?
- Stack Overflow: Custom function to check if documents exists in CouchDB Node.js nano
- Stack Overflow: Is it possible to map/reduce a set of “ratings” into “relationships” in CouchDB/Cloudant?
- Stack Overflow: How do I effectively use CouchDB with normalized data?
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB with NodeJS authentication solution
- Stack Overflow: Architecting CouchDB with Node.js
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you!
News from the CouchDB Project Management Committee (PMC)
- Benoit Chesneau resigned from the CouchDB PMC this week. An official statement from the CouchDB PMC can be found here.
- August 23, FrOSCon, Bonn, Germany – lecture: A CouchDB replication endpoint in PHP
- August 26, Zurich, Switzerland: Database as a Service (CouchDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, DB2, Hadoop) in the Cloud
- August 26, Vancouver, Canada: Introduction to Cloudant, a fully-managed NoSQL database-as-a-service (DBaaS)
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Django Developer, Denver, CO, USA
- Java Backend Engineer, San Jose, CA, USA
- Software Engineer, New York, NY, USA
Time to relax!
- “How did humanity get to this point where bigger was better, always more, always faster; how was it possible that we produce and consume so much at scale, and justify it economically? At what cost?” – On a way of living
- “The processing capacity of the conscious mind is limited. This is a result of how the brain’s attentional system evolved. Our brains have two dominant modes of attention: the task-positive network and the task-negative network (they’re called networks because they comprise distributed networks of neurons, like electrical circuits within the brain).” – Hit the relax button to reset your brain
… and also in the news
- CouchDB is in the XCode 6 beta release notes
- Pictures of Big Data
- “It seems that @CouchDB always has solutions for new requirements on my projects!” – @th0maswe1ss, on Twitter