Improved CouchDB logo (see thread)
Discussion about improving the existing CouchDB logo or changing the logo to a new one with the release of CouchDB 2.0. The first suggestions for a new logo have been submitted to the thread this week.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- pouch-mirror 0.0.3 – helps you create a local slave mirror of any CouchDB database for lightning-fast reads and secure writes
- pouchdb-dump-cli 1.3.0 – tool to dump a PouchDB/CouchDB database
- pouchdb-load 1.2.1 – load dumped CouchDB/PouchDB databases on the client
- feetoff 1.0.0 – Pre-emptive authentication monitoring for CouchDB
- pouchdb-replication-stream 1.0.0 – PouchDB/CouchDB replication as a stream
- seq-file 1.1.0 – a module for storing the ever-increasing sequence files when following couchdb _changes feed
- souch – simple Node.js client for CouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB Error 500: function_clause error in HTTP request
- Stack Overflow: How to insert an auto increment / sequential number value in CouchDB documents?
- Stack Overflow: pouchdb: replicate from geocouch within bounds
- Stack Overflow: What information is stored in a CouchDB ‘tombstone’ record?
No public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: couchdb/nano multipart insert
- Stack Overflow: Storing json object in Padrino CouchDB model
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB view collation issue
- Stack Overflow: Requests timeout in CouchDB replication
- Stack Overflow: How do I read simple data from CouchDB with CouchRest and Sinatra?
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you on board!
- Christian Hogan (IRC nick: xinnar; Apache ID: ocelotpotpie; Twitter; GitHub) has been elected as a CouchDB Committer.
- Ben Keen (IRC nick: benjaminkeen; Apache ID: benkeen; Twitter; GitHub) has been elected as a CouchDB Committer.
Welcome to CouchDB, Christian and Ben!
- November 13, Edmonton, AB, Canada, SMAC Edmonton: Introduction to Cloudant, a NoSQL database-as-a-service
- November 17, Denver, CO, USA, HTML5 Denver Users Group: Creating CouchDB Apps
- November 17-21, Budapest, Hungary: ApacheCon EU 2014 with an entire CouchDB Track
- February 7, 2015: CouchDB Day 2015, Hamburg, Germany; ticket sale is now open
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Ruby on Rails Lead Developer, Tartu / Tallinn, Estonia
- Ruby Developer, Arnold, MD, USA
- Software Engineer C#/.Net, Oxford, UK
Time to relax!
- “There’s this idea that productivity means accomplishing tasks as quickly and efficiently as humanly possible. But what if productivity means accomplishing a task with as much creativity, elegance, and ingenuity as possible? I call this approach …” – Punk rock productivity
- “I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how actual progress on a project doesn’t always match the impression of progress—sometimes a lot of code has changed but nothing looks very different, while other times a small change in code gives the sense that the whole project has moved leaps and bounds.” – Show your work: Demonstrating progress on your projects
- “Trying to juggle a balance between career and balance is hard, especially because we’re always contactable and always on the go. Shutting off from everything can be tricky but we’ve got some tips that will help to lower your blood pressure.” – How to relax
… and also in the news
- A Teenager gets grilled by her Dad why she’s not that into Coding
- Making Tech Spaces Safe for Diverse Faces
- “I feel relaxed already while reading about CouchDB!” (@amrfaissal, on Twitter)