- CouchDB 2.0 Developer Preview has been released. You can download it here, its features and more are described here
Guidelines for creating a CouchDB Event (Work in Progress; see thread)
New guidelines for creating a CouchDB Event have been set up, you’ll find them here. Your feedback is highly appreciated.
The Apache Software Foundation adopts CouchDB’s Code of Conduct and Diversity Statement (see thread)
On November 18, the ASF has adopted the CouchDB Code of Conduct and Diversity Statement into an official ASF-wide policy.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-python 1.0 – issue fixes, improvements and more; download from PyPI | source
- Mango – a MongoDB inspired query interface; Open Sourced by Cloudant this week, with an intent to donate it to CouchDB; more details on it are here
- sofa – easy R interface to CouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- CouchDB 2.0 counters MongoDB with improved scaling
- Apache CouchDB™ adds Clustering and Big Data Capabilities with 2.0 Developer Preview Release of its popular NoSQL Database
- Introduction to CouchDB (presentation slides)
- Putting the C back in CouchDB (presentation slides)
- Stressed about NoSQL? Relax with CouchDB (talk video)
- SQL and NoSQL databases in the cloud (presentation slides)
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow: Mixing IDs in CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: Getting alphabetical ordering from a pouchDB query
- Stack Overflow: Node.js Koa app and CouchDB in single container
No public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB – update function and parsing JSON file
- Stack Overflow: How to authenticate to a Couch Lucene proxy handler?
- Stack Overflow: Where should be stored attachment date
- Stack Overflow: rereduce and group=true in CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB Module for Python on OS X 10.10.1
- Stack Overflow: connect with CouchDB´ using elasticsearch in Node.js
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you on board!
- November 25, Munich, Germany: Munich NoSQL: NoSQL on Mobile
- December 03, Portland, USA: Portland Erlang and Elixir User Group: Learning Erlang made me a better Engineer and Architect
- February 7, 2015: CouchDB Day 2015, Hamburg, Germany; ticket sale is now open
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- DevOps Engineer, Berlin, Germany
- System Administrator Linux, Germany
Time to relax!
- “It seems the mere mention of tools that support and encourage marginalised people to be a part of the tech industry incites a frothing flame war from the privileged.” – Tech Freedom vs. Feminism
- “Keep cake moist by just eating the entire thing in one sitting.” – … and 12 more amazing Food and Life Hacks you need to know right now
- “As a tech community, we are increasingly recognizing that diversity is fundamental to building a just, inclusive and beneficial industry, and that diverse teams perform better, are more innovative, and can build better products for a diverse world. In order to be successful with diverse recruiting, tech companies must invest in analysis and improvement at every stage of the hiring process.” – 25 Tips for Diverse Hiring
- Kitten Therapy: the Prescription for Stress
- Sloth Life
… and also in the news
- “The more awesome news I see coming out of CouchDB, the more convinced I am that I made the right bet 3 years ago. Way to go, all!” – @stickbyatlas, on Twitter
- “I’m loving that CouchDB has, as a community, specifically made (real) diversity an important focus of the project.” – @chipchilders, on Twitter
- Malware’s new target: your Password Manager’s Password