Brainstorm: A new CouchDB tag-line? (see thread)
Let’s cut a Nano release (see thread)
Last month Nuno Job and Pedro Teixeira and the YLD.io team donated the Nano client to the ASF. The official release has not been completed due to a few remaining issues and open questions, that were kindly summarised by Jason Smith.
The discussion tackles on updating the README of the ‘dscape-repo’ on Github to point to the ASF project and, furthermore, transferring the repository to the Apache account. For its release via npm or other package managers an official voting might be required.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- scratchdb 1.0.0 – An ephemeral CouchDB-like database
- bulkbadger 1.0.0 – A batch ldjson suitable for CouchDB’s _bulk_docs
- couchbulkimporter 1.0.0 – Takes a stream of docs, e.g. from
bulkbadgerand imports them into CouchDB using the /_bulk_docs endpoint
- dreamfactory/df-couchdb 0.0.1 – The DreamFactory(tm) CouchDB Service.
- couchdow 0.1.0 – A level down backend for CouchDB
- ccurl 0.1.0 – CouchDB command-line helper
- designer 1.0.2 – A lib for managing design docs in CouchDB
- redux-pouchdb 0.0.2 – sync store state to PouchDB
- pouchdb-hoodie-sync 1.2.0 – Hoodie-like sync API for PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Article] Major disruption coming: A million new web developers in one year by Johs Ensby on how Ddoc Lab has lowered the barrier of entry to the CouchDB community
- Visual guide to Fauxton, the new CouchDB web UI which will replace Futon in the 2.0 release, by Michelle Phung
…and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Talk/Slides] Bradley Holt: Offline-First Apps with PouchDB at That Conference
- [Video] Visualisation of the “Evolution of PouchDB”
Use Cases, Questions and Answers (CouchDB)
- [Blog post] How To Install CouchDB and Futon on Ubuntu 14.04
- [Tutorial] Install Apache CouchDB 1.6.1 on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora and Debian/Ubuntu
- How to limit the numbers of records fetched from CouchDB using view?
- Security issue in CouchDB Question: Why does
CouchDbenable querying without asking for
password? – Answer: Actively restrict the database to admins or anyone has access.
- How can I intercept a call from PouchDB to CouchDB, using .net?
- CouchDB Update/Replace replication filter
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
- How to connect to CouchDB using Ektorp Java API?
- Query CouchDB with Ektorp for range and key value?
- Is there a way to recover Deleted Couch Database?
- Modeling recurring events in CouchDB
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
Use Cases, Questions and Answers (PouchDB)
- PouchDB compaction has no affect on db size on disk
- Working with Json Data and PouchDB
- Could not sync PouchDB to remote DB (Cloudant) with a filter
- PouchDB query not filtering KEY when turning on the device
For more new questions and answers about PouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- August 18, Fort Wayne (IN), US: Adventures In Ember and CouchDB
- September 11, London, UK: Lead Developer Conference
- October 6-8, Richland (WA), US: &yetConf
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer for IBM Presence Insights on Bluemix, North Carolina, US
- DevOps Engineer, New York (NY), US
- Full-stack Web Developer, Munich, Germany
- Software Engineer, New York (NY), US
- Senior Data Scientist, Berlin, Germany
Time to relax!
- “If you are an open source project maintainer, give this a shot. Add the label first-timers-only to your project so people can find it here. I think that we can be more friendly to newcomers in the open source community. You never know, you may find a new main contributor to the project or even a new life-long friend. Either way, the more people we get into open source the better. And by being open like this, we’re helping ‘Bring Kindness back to Open Source.’” – First Timers Only – A suggestion to Open Source project maintainers…
- “However, black men accounted for 40 percent of the 60 unarmed deaths, even though they make up just 6 percent of the U.S. population. The Post’s analysis shows that black men were seven times more likely than white men to die by police gunfire while unarmed.” – Black And Unarmed
- “Right now, you’re inaccessible. Tomorrow, your images might have descriptive alt text. Next week, your design might have an improved contrast ratio. Next month your header navigation might have a more usable structure, with better headings and links with active and hover styles. With each iteration, more and more people could have an effortless experience each day.” – Incremental Accessibility
- “As my own buffer slowly returned, I felt the dirty windshield I’d been looking through starting to clear.…I worry sometimes that the buffer gets too thick. My old demons creep up on me, tell me that if I’m not living a painfully raw existence, I’m not a real artist.” – Meditation vs. medication: A comic essay on facing depression
… and also in the news
- “Found this catching up on #PouchDB blog posts.…‘Remember when you could just use Return and Try/Catch?’” (Rocco Augusto, via Instagram)
- Make Your Own Creative Pregame Ritual
- A Gorgeous, Animated Model of Global Weather Patterns