EUnit Tests (see thread)
Update by Nick Vatamaniuc: “With the help of Maria Andersson, Alexander Shorin and other team members … tests for 2.0 master are now consistently passing on Travis.” A step further to a 2.0 release.
Fauxton Windows developer question (see thread)
For working with the Gruntfile and considering to open a Makefile for certain tasks, Robert is asking for feedback of Windows Fauxton developers: “Do Makefiles run in your Windows dev environment (e.g. via git shell et. al.) or would a make based build for Fauxton exclude you?”
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-jsonselect 1.0.1 – css selectors for CouchDB views
- sofajs 0.0.2 – CouchDB interface builder
- flavor-utils 1.3.0 – Utility functions to manipulate cheminfo flavor system on CouchDB
- pouchdb-find 0.6.0 – Easy-to-use query language for PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Blog Post] Enable Full Text Search in Apache CouchDB™, Robert Kowalski and further referenced here
- [Blog Post] Command-line tools for Cloudant and CouchDB, Glynn Bird
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: yadms – Yet another distributed metrics setup – to capture any type of metric.
- How does an iPhone app interact with CouchDB?
- Preload an angular route for instant viewing
- How to integrate PouchDB, with CouchDB application which is built with jquery couch API?
- CouchDB – correct way to model bookmark data?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: Is it possible to use GraphQL with an offline mobile database like SQLite or PouchDB?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
New PMC Member
- Michelle Phung (IRC nick: michellep) joins the Apache CouchDB Project Management Committee today. Michelle has made outstanding contributions to the project. Welcome to the Couch, Michelle!
- Garren Smith (IRC nick: garren, Twitter: @GarrenSmith) also joins the Apache CouchDB Project Management Committee. Thank you, Garren, for many sustained and likewise outstanding contributions to CouchDB!
- October 27, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup
- October 27, Munich, Germany: CouchDB & PouchDB Session: NoSQL in a cluster and the browser at International PHP Conference 2015
- November 04, Melbourne, AUS: Meteor Melbourne 24 “CouchDB and Meteor – Peter Ilfrich talks through using CouchDB as an alternative to Mongo in your Meteor app”
- November 21, Springbrook, AUS: CouchDB and PouchDB Session at CamJS VI
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Data Engineer, Gurgaon, India
- Backend Engineer, Berlin, Germany
- Lead Information Security Analyst-Job, Riverwoods (IL), US
Time to relax!
- “People were listening to them on Sony Walkman portable cassette players. The Apple IIGS was hot shit. No cell phones. No Internet. Tim Berners-Lee was just developing its early foundations at CERN.” – Back To The Future? We’re Already There.
- “On Monday, the tech company nominated two women to its board: Sandra Peterson, worldwide chairman at Johnson & Johnson, and Padmasree Warrior, former chief technology officer at Cisco.” – Microsoft Just Took A Step Toward Actual Gender Diversity
- “Just as a spelling and grammar checker underlines suspect words and phrases while you are typing, Textio’s web-based text composer highlights problematic snippets that hurt a job description, such as a hackneyed word like “synergy,” and proposes alternatives.” – How Artificial Intelligence is Finding Gender Bias At Work
- “In some ways, when it comes to bullying, the Internet has made the world more rural. Before the Internet, bullying ended when you withdrew from whatever environment you were in. But now, the bullying dynamic is harder to contain and harder to ignore.” – How the Internet Has Changed Bullying
- “Dr. Shannon analyzed three different kinds of DNA, Dr. Boyko said, the first time this has been done for such a large and diverse group of dogs, more than 4,500 dogs of 161 breeds and 549 village dogs from 38 countries. That allowed the researchers to determine which geographic groups of modern dogs were closest to ancestral populations genetically. And that led them to Central Asia as the place of origin” – 15,000 Years Ago, Probably in Asia, the Dog Was Born
- “Despite all of the disturbing tactics we’ve learned about from the NSA and their partners at the GCHQ in the past two years, our digital rights is unquestionably more protected than it was when the leaks started. And with the coming court cases over the next year or two, the seismic shift will undoubtedly continue to occur. ” – The Snowden effect: new privacy wins await after data transfer ruling
- “the idea that choice is bad for us flies in the face of what we’ve been told for decades. The standard line is that choice is good for us, that it confers on us freedom, personal responsibility, self-determination, autonomy and lots of other things that don’t help when you’re standing before a towering aisle of water bottles, paralysed and increasingly dehydrated, unable to choose.” – Why too much choice is stressing us out
- “You’re pregnant! That’s amazing. Did you plan it? Are you going to carry on working? So you’re going to be a stay at home Mum, huh? A housekeeper? Yeah they say it’s a ‘full time job.’ You’re having a kid but you’re going to carry on with your career? Yeah, good luck with that. How can you abandon your children and let someone else raise them while you carry on working? People shouldn’t have kids if they can’t care for them.” – This Woman’s Facebook Post Perfectly Nails The Microaggressions Women Face On A Daily Basis
… and also in the news
- “‘Are you Marty McFly? I’ve got something for you’ *opens letter* ‘Emmet Brown would like you to join his professional network on LinkedIn’” – (@rmlewisuk via twitter)
- “Second @CouchDB workshop in ~2 weeks. A lot of people were blown away how awesome CouchDB is.” (@muhdiekuh via twitter)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Official)
- The creative process behind Monument Valley