Professional Services (see thread)
New wiki: A list of companies that offer help around Apache CouchDB.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- hoodie-server-account 1.1.0 – Account REST API backed by CouchDB
- kudu-adapter-couch 0.3.0 – A CouchDB adapter for [Kudu][kudu] applications.
- well-groomed-feast 6.3.9 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- couchdb-dump 1.2.0 – Same basic concept as MySQL-Dump, but for CouchDB
- changes-stream 1.1.0 – Simple module that handles getting changes from CouchDB
- couchdb-mkuser 0.0.1 – Utility to create CouchDB users easier.
- pouchdb-upsert 2.0.0 – PouchDB upsert and putIfNotExists functions
- hoodie-client-store 3.0.0 – PouchDB with Hoodie’s Store API
- pouchdb-undo 0.1.3. – PouchDB undo plugin
- pouch-websocket-sync-example 0.0.1 – Redux, PouchDB and Sync TodoMVC example
- pouch-redux-middleware 0.1.0 – PouchDB Redux Middleware
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Announcement] CFP open ApacheCon North America. Submissions for big data and all other topics. Dates: Vancouver, Canada, May 9-13th, 2016
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Article] “Introducing Pokedex.org: a progressive webapp for Pokémon fans” by Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Getting the latest documents from a Cloudant/CouchDB database from NodeJS
- Minimal document size in IBM Cloudant Bluemix
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
- CouchDB reducing sums with date filter
- Change database location of docker CouchDB instance?
- CouchDB get data from multiple key and date range
- CouchDB, how to check if a cookie is still valid
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
Stack Overflow (Stack Overflow):
no public answer yet:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 28, Seattle (WA), US: Puget Sound PouchDB aPPreciation Party with Nolan Lawson
- December 9, Portland (OR), US: Node.js Interactive 2015, Bradley Holt “Offline First Apps with PouchDB”
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Devops Engineer (Autonomous Driving), Chicago (IL), US
- Software Engineer – ruby-on-rails, Campbell (CA), US
- Senior Software Engineer – Distributed Query Processing, Mountain View (CA), US
- SW Design Engineer Senior, Vienna, Austria
Time to relax!
- “I’ve been in groups where I’m the only woman and a man has used a swear word and then apologised to me. Not to any of the men surrounding us, but just to me: it seems that these men think they can use profanities around other men but not around me. Why?” – Guys and Girls: Does Your Language Exclude People?
- “Become better allies to women of color in tech.…It’s going to ta every single of us.…all of us work to be a little more intersectional and a little more inclusive.” – !GHC: Julie Ann Horvath – Shifting the Narrative of Diversity in Tech
- “…true artificial intelligence, if it is realized, might pose a danger that exceeds every previous threat from technology—even nuclear weapons—and that if its development is not managed carefully humanity risks engineering its own extinction. Central to this concern is the prospect of an “intelligence explosion,” a speculative event in which an A.I. gains the ability to improve itself, and in short order exceeds the intellectual potential of the human brain by many orders of magnitude.” – The Doomsday Invention
- “‘Look around the table. There’s only one woman here. And we all say we want more women in engineering. But who wants to be at this table if you’re all making jokes about how ‘all women are 10’s with the lights off’? We say we all want more women in engineering, and you’re just making the only woman here want to leave.’” – I’m one of the guys
- “It is not your life. It is not who you are. It is your code.” – Your code is just your code.
- “The people who run the Internet platforms are making calls about who they think is deserving of empathy. That makes their decisions thoroughly political.” – The Politics of Empathy and the Politics of Technology