Compiling snappy under Windows (see thread)
Our Windows maintainer Nick North is trying to compile CouchDB 2.0 on Windows and hijinx ensue. Is the best work-around to add a preprocessor conditional to catch Windows case and inject the code that makes snappy work?
Getting people to test CouchDB 2.0 alpha releases (see thread)
Can you help us get the CouchDB 2.0 alpha release in front of more people to test out? Check out some of the ideas in this brainstorm thread so far.
Mango Catch All Selector (see thread)
The discussion continues on a proposed PR creating a patch which would allow people testing out Mango to receive all of the docs and allow them to filter later (instead of creating an index), which could lower the bar to entry with testing/usage.
Docker (see thread)
When it comes to the Docker files in apache/couchdb repo versus the apache/couchdb-docker repo, do you know the difference? Let this thread (and a handful of visits to GitHub) explain.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- ansible-couchdb2 – Ansible role to deploy CouchDB 2.0 on CentOS.
- simplicate (Node) – CouchDB replication CLI. No boilerplate. Type less & see more!
- rlx 0.3.1 (Node) – Command line interface for CouchDB.
- generator–xprscouch – Yeomen Express-CouchDB MVC app generator.
- cradle 0.7.1 (Node) – The high-level, caching, CouchDB library.
- pouchdb 5.2.0 – A better build system with Rollup
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Building a Seat Map using Angular, SVG, and CouchDB, Paul Hammant
- [POST] Elixir, Phoenix and CouchDB – An Introduction, Markus Krogemann, Codecentric
- [VOLUNTEER] Submit your open source project to the Rails Girls Summer of Code
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] Klaus Trainer is the newest contributor to PouchDB
- [POST] Create an AngularJS Web Application that Sync’s with Couchbase using PouchDB, Nic Raboy, Couchbase
- [TWEET] The power of giving away committer access…, Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB Search and Replace
- CouchDB – data range + multiple query parameters
- CouchDB views: total_rows vs offset vs rows?
- What happens if I do not specify a Stale parameter on my view?
no public answer yet:
- Apache CouchDB service terminates on Windows 10 single language
- Pass session to CouchDB using nano
- CouchDB many databases performance issues
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB remote not working on Android device
- Issue with querying PouchDB using sqlite-storage plugin
- Security content policy issue with PouchDB
- Create logic for status using AngularJS and PouchDB
- Can’t delete docs from PouchDB
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- January 26, Austin (TX), US: Cloud DB Day Austin
- February 02, Hamburg, Germany: Mango (Less Talk, More Action!)
- February 25, Montreal, Canada: Offline-First Apps with PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
Time to relax!
- “Here’s an irony for you: Tech-powered tools that turbocharge your life can also offer a major assist in helping you to unplug and power down. Luckily, there’s a deep pool of digital tools that can ease some of the brain-scrambling damage inflicted by daily life in our always-on world.” – 7 Apps for Unplugging and Powering Down
- “For my generation, survival came despite the confusing gender-bender looks of Boy George, whose first appearance on Top of the Pops caused much macho bristling among dads – but nowadays, thankfully, wouldn’t raise an eyebrow. We also endured the threat of Relax, by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, whose explicit lyrics made it the pet hate of parents – and a surreptitious ‘must listen’ for us children of the 80s.” – Relax, our children won’t be harmed by staring at screens
- “It’s okay to feel stress in response to this rapid development. It’s natural. I hate change, I hate it so so much. I like things to be consistent and for it to have its own place. If it doesn’t, I get stressed and my obsessive compulsive tendencies run riot in a desperate attempt to preserve order.” – The web is okay
- “He glanced me up and down as I tried to avoid making eye contact. I was about to say that I couldn’t give him any money, which was true, both because my first professional writing job wasn’t paying me enough to actually cover the rent on my apartment, and because I was so uncoordinated that I was genuinely afraid I would fall off of my bike if I tried to reach into my pocket for change. Before I could say any of that, though, he chuckled to himself and smiled at me. ‘Good for you, big man,’ he said. ‘Keep riding that bike.’” – The Easiest Way to Lose 125 Pounds is to Gain 175 Pounds
“Our productivity has skyrocketed. It gives a nice little breather when your focus is getting a little too narrow, a little extra circulation, and keeps you just a little more energized throughout the day. The great thing is that it doesn’t take a huge time commitment, just a minute or two every time you’re selected.” – How Slackbot Forced Us to Work Out