Jan Lehnardt shared the May 2016 Board Report with the mailing list this week.
Styleguide for Fauxton
Courtesy of Justin McDavid and the Cloudant development team at IBM Cloudant, there is now a working style guide for Fauxton!
Post on Trigger (see thread)
This email discussion comes from new contributor Reddy, proposing the use of triggers to post arbitrary JSON to arbitrary endpoints.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- blue-cot 2.0.2 (Node) – bluebird promise-based CouchDB library with no surprises (in a good way)
- couchdb_connector 0.3.0 (Erlang) – A connector for CouchDB with support for views and authentication.
- couchdb-client 1.0.8 (Node) – A simple CouchDB client
- couchdb-wedge 0.0.0 (Node) – CLI and node modules for doing bulk operations like deleting all databases on a server or replicating all databases from one server to another.
- md-to-couch 0.3.1 (Node) – Converts list of markdown files with front matter into a CouchDB compatible JSON object, one document per file
- poms 1.2.2 (Ruby Gem) – Interface to POMS CouchDB API
- well-groomed-feast 9.2.5 (Node) – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- pouchdb-asyncstorage-down 1.1.9 (Node) – Adds an async storage Adapter to the PouchDB + Polifills core-js that PouchDB with leveldown Adapter is running with react-native
- pouchdb-live-find 0.1.0 (Node) – Live PouchDB queries that update automatically as changes come in!
- pouchdb-multisync 0.9.4 (Node) – PouchDB multi db per user change listener
- pouchdb-seed-design 0.3.0 (Node) – Seed CouchDB’s design documents with PouchDB
- pouchy 8.2.0 (Node) – A simple, opinionated interface for the amazing PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [QUORA] Don’t you think CouchDB is underestimated?
- [TUTORIAL] How to build and query a Cloudant geospatial index, IBM Cloudant
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] What monorepo means, Dinesh Ram Kali
- [VOTE] scoped packages vs prefixed packages
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- StackEdit – Online Markdown Editor that syncs withCouchDB, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB: How to replicate a database with its security settings
- Parsing CouchDB query result using JSON in Python
- Logstash couchdb_changes doesn’t correctly propagate document deletion to Elasticsearch
- Function Reduce CouchDB for this case
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- May 26, Hong Kong, China: Hong Kong Web Developers – Introduction to Ionic2/Angular2: Build apps with HTML5 & Angular 2
- June 15, Minneapolis (MN), US: dev.OBJECTIVE – “Offline Survival in the Deadzone”
- June 20-23, Nuremberg, Germany: Developer Week DE 2016 – Cross-Plattform Day
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Principal Software Engineer, Annapolis Junction (MD), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI), US
- Java software Engineer, Reston (VA), US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, DC, US
- Passionate Developer with Personality for Full-Time Telecommute Position, Remote
- Full-Stack Developer (Haskell Polyglot), Cambridge, MA
- Early Career Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Scala/Java Backend Developer, Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “On Wednesday, the goats roamed around on leashes with their handlers, posing for selfies with the students and eating whatever they came across (one goat decided to chomp on a students’ long hair, before moving on to some green grass nearby). A few of the goats also had GoPros — or ‘GoatPros,’ as the crowd was calling them — filming the entire experience.” – Baby goats soothe stressed-out Cal Poly students
- “With the nation over-worked and under-rested, the report also reveals an exciting new school of thought that reveals the colour green could hold the key to helping the nation supercharge their breaks to feel more refreshed.” – Chill out! Average person ‘can only fully relax for 36 minutes a DAY’
- “If you ever wanted to watch something that is as relaxing as it is entertaining, then we have you covered.” – Marbles traveling through magnetic maze will soothe your soul
- “Most animals are known to grab at least 40 winks at some point in the day, but it seems trees also drop off to ‘sleep’ during the hours of darkness. Researchers have found that trees relax and let their branches droop when the sun goes down.” – Trees go to SLEEP at night too! They relax and let their branches droop during the hours of darkness
- “When you need to chill, you want some music to set the mood. This playlist aims to calm your nerves so you can let your worries melt away.” – The Relaxation Playlist
- “Gone are the days when you would poke your palm out at a palmist or slide your horoscope across the table to the astrologer. In the world of apps, people are throwing their career questions at astrology apps and websites.” – About astrology apps that soothe anxiety attacks
… and also in the news
- Highlights from the Google I/O 2016 keynote: What was originally a two-hour event can now be experienced in under 12 minutes.
- What is Your Purpose in Life?
- Do Startups Have a Drinking Problem?
- The Most Creative People in Business 2016
- Recipe for disaster: fascinating background on the soon-to-shut-down BBC recipes site