- PouchDB 5.4.5 has been released!
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchbeam 1.3.1 (Erlang) – Erlang CouchDB client
- couchrest 2.0.0 (Ruby Gem) – CouchRest provides a simple interface on top of CouchDB’s RESTful HTTP API, as well as including some utility scripts for managing views and attachments.
- hapi-auth-couchdb-cookie 3.1.0 (Hapi) – CouchDB Cookie authentication plugin
- opp-perch 0.15.13 (Python) – Open Permissions Platform CouchDB Library
- r2d2_couchdb 0.1.0 (Rust) – CouchDB support for the r2d2 connection pool
- pouch-summa 0.1.0 – Makes PouchDB deal better with databases synced from SummaDB.
- pouchdb-access 2.2.0 – A PouchDB plugin that provides simple access control for CouchDB databases.
- pouchdb-adapter-asyncstorage-pure 5.4.9 – Asyncstorage adapter for PouchDB
- pouchdb-envoy 0.6.0 – Custom PouchDB replicator for Cloudant Envoy
- pouchdb-react-native 5.4.9 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [JOB] D4H Technologies is looking for JS devs to help build their offline-capable emergency first responder app.
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Building a React native Offline-First application using PouchDB and CouchDB, João Almeida for YLD blog
- [VIDEO] I like the way you work it, all about Web Workers, Nolan Lawson for EmpireJS
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Faraday: Collaborative Penetration Test and Vulnerability Management Platform using CouchDB
- Sofa King: Sync is a mobile database replication app that allows you to sync datasets from your server to your pocket (i.e., replicating datasets from CouchDB servers to your iOS device)
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- How do you log out of CouchDB?
- CouchDB: Filter Functions in Views
- CouchDB error: When I run a view
- CouchDB in iOS / Xcode?
- Open-sourced Android/iOS projects for a self hosted CouchDB server?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- PouchDB Authentication library in Angular2 CLI project
- Using PouchDB in an Angular2 CLI Application with SystemJS and TypeScript
- PouchDB replicate a document over bluetooth
- Why PouchDB put(doc) method is editing my parameter?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- July 10, New York (NY), US, CouchDB™ Boston: Database Camp, free conference at the UN in NYC
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Passionate Developer with Personality for Full-Time Telecommute Position, Arnold (MD), US/Remote
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, DC, US
- eSports Web Developer, Mid-Senior Level, Diamond Bar (CA), US
- Technical Solutions Lead Job, London, UK
- Lead Scala/Java Backend Developer, Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “So what is motivating viewers to seek out and endure content that most would classify as tedium? The phenomenon is called Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, or ASMR. Colloquially, the sensation felt in the head, neck and spine and the relaxation that follows is referred to as the tingles. Some use the videos to relax. Others find them effective sleep aids.” – A Beginner’s Guide to ASMR, the Most Relaxing Videos on YouTube
- “Kimmel’s accent is gloriously terrible, as the words ‘not the magician’ somehow become ‘nazi magician,’ a phrase which gets his audition partner more than a little upset. Waltz’s great comedy comes from his utter offense at everything that Kimmel is doing with his terrible accent. The Austrian-born German citizen, of course, could perform the audition in German, so his offense is more than a little understandable.” – Watch Christoph Waltz’s Hysterical Audition For The Siegfried And Roy Movie
- “It’s so relaxing! I say this as someone who watches several straight hours of How It’s Made to calm myself, but man, that is good stuff. You got some good meltin’ and castin’, some engravin’ and etchin’, some buffin’. There might have even been some smeltin’ in there, who knows? I don’t know what smelting is.” – Here are the 2016 Olympic medals, and an extremely soothing video about how they’re made
- “‘Kelly!’ My sister screamed at me, her eyebrows cinched together. ‘Are you kidding me?!’ My mom paused from her pacing and looked at me, not knowing if she should laugh or scold me.” – Why it feels so damn good to laugh at a funeral
- “…until six months ago, I’d never heard of ASMR. All I knew was that I had a fondness for particular sounds and voices. When people spoke to me kindly and softly, it eased some of the symptoms that came with my anxiety disorder. Certain accents and tones made my body feel tingly and calm. I even noticed random noises, like gentle crinkling and paper shuffling, had a tendency to soothe my anxious states.” – How ASMR Videos Help Me Cope with My Anxiety
- “Trying to calm down during a bout of anxiety is likely futile. Instead, try saying: “I am excited.” Because anxiety and excitement are both arousal emotions and have similar symptoms, it’s easier to get from one to the other than to completely shift gears into calmness.” – How to Turn Anxiety Into Excitement
… and also in the news
- The Science of Internal Time, Social Jet Lag, and Why You’re So Tired
- Things not to say on stage at a tech event
- Rainbow Stream: A Twitter client on terminal. Smart, nicely displayed, colorful stream. Fancy commands in interactive mode.
- Diversity in Tech: The Unspoken Empathy Gap
- The ABCs of Socialism
- The myth of millennial entitlement was created to hide their parents’ mistakes