- Apache CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 3
[PROPOSAL] CouchDB 2.0 log to ./var/log/couchdb.log by default (see thread)
Joan Touzet opened a PR to correct 2.0 logging only to stderr, but is requesting feedback from stakeholders.
2.0 & Windows: status update (see thread)
Joan provides an update on status of the CouchDB 2.0 port to Microsoft Windows.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cdbcli 0.2.1 (Python) – Interactive command line shell for CouchDB
- couch_factory 0.2.0 (Erlang) – Factory Girl implementation with CouchDB persistence.
- couchdb-auth-proxy 1.0.0 – An HTTP reverse proxy server for easy CouchDB proxy authentication
- couchdb_download_token 0.1.1 (Python) – Simple web service that allows downloading CouchDB document attachments with a per-document download token.
- rollodeqc-gh-user-event-logger 0.0.1 – Log GitHub user events to CouchDB.
- rxjs-couch 2.0.0 – RxJS-flavored APIs for CouchDB (for RxJS 5.0+)
- well-groomed-feast 11.0.0 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- graphql-pouch 1.0.1 – GraphQL-API runtime on top of PouchDB
- pouchdb-adapter-cordova-sqlite 1.0.0 – PouchDB adapter using Cordova SQLite Plugin as its data store.
- pouchdb-event-store 1.4.1 – Event store on top of PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [SERIES] The Road to CouchDB 2.0 – Feature: Mango Query, Tony Sun
- [POST] Bootstrapping: CouchDB as event store, Jens Rantil
- [SERIES] The Road to CouchDB 2.0 – CouchDB 2.0 Architecture, Robert Newson
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [TUTORIAL] PouchDB Intro, Victor Campos
- [REQUEST] Anyone seeing PouchDB/CouchDB sync issues in Chrome 52? Please contribute a test case if you can. (via Nolan Lawson)
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- What is the highest possible value for key in CouchDB view map?
- CouchDB replications not starting when new replication added
- CouchDB throws conflict error after immediate update
- How to write bytearray to CouchDB?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- hubot-ibmcloud-cognitive-lib: Provides helper functions for configuring, storing, and processing information related to NLS processing of a statement.
no public answer yet:
- How to import
- Angular 1.5 Scope Variable not working from within PouchDB response function
- Creating database in PouchDB
- Example of Insert, Update, Select, Delete in PouchDB + SqLite for Cordova
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- August 5, Denver (CO), US, HTML5 Denver Users Group: WORKSHOP: “Observables: On the Road to Angular 2”
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Data Scientist for Social App, Los Angeles (CA), US/Remote
- Data Scientist Author Opportunity at Lynda, Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- eSports Web Developer, Mid-Senior Level, Diamond Bar (CA), US
- Open Source Architect/Senior Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Technical Solutions Lead Job, London, UK
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Lead Scala/Java Backend Developer, Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “His Pokémon narration feels as if we’re listening to him narrate animals in nature, only now it’s all animated. The effect is both delightful and enticing, making the game play feel like a hunt through the wild of whatever city you’re playing in.” – David Attenborough’s ‘Pokémon Go’ Narration Is So Soothing
- “Vacations are times to kick back and relax, but getaways can also be a source of friction among families, friends or couples, as back-seat driving or paying restaurant bills cause tempers to fray. Here are a few tips from Sonia Prades, a psychologist specializing in family relationships, on how to ensure a stress-free summer break.” – Stress-free summer: How to vacation with friends
- “…stress can really do a number on your body. Too much of it can cause headaches, stomachaches, muscle tension, and fatigue, according to the Mayo Clinic. It can also increase anxiety, and totally ruin your mood. So yes — it’s totally worth taking the time to increase your moments of relaxation throughout the day.” – 11 Ways To Find Moments Of Relaxation In Your Day
- “I’m not sure what impresses me the most in this video of workers painting the street. Is it the perfect angles drawn free hand with a tool that’s essentially a stick with an open box at the end? Is it the dude dropping the hot thermoplastic into that box, while his partner is drawing the letters? Or is it the exquisite, ballerina-like footwork of the two workers who make sure not to step on the letters they just made?” – Watching Workers Paint Letters on a Street Is So Soothing
- “Although stereotype threat is not unique to women, we have singled it out as a primary cause of women’s greater workplace stress for a simple reason: the workplace is a minefield of negative stereotypes for women. This minefield exists because success in business and the professions — being perceived as a leader, effective negotiator, strong advocate, and keen evaluator — involves performing tasks associated with positive male stereotypes and negative female ones.” – Why Women Feel More Stress at Work