- The official Apache CouchDB 2.0 release vote has begun (see thread)!
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-promises 0.8.0 – ES6 promises-based CouchDB client
- feathers-couchdb 0.0.1 – Feathers CouchDB adapter service
- poms 126.96.36.199 (Ruby Gem) – Interface to POMS CouchDB API
- ember-simple-auth-pouch 0.1.0-beta.2 – Authenticator for ember-simple-auth using pouchdb-authentication.
- express-pouchdb 2.0.0 – Express submodule with a CouchDB style REST interface to PouchDB.
- gr2m/express-pouchdb 1.0.7 – Express submodule with a CouchDB style REST interface to PouchDB.
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.7 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Couchapps, revisited, ermouth
- [VIDEO] Passion Talk: Scaling Offline First with Apache CouchDB, Bradley Holt
… and in the PouchDB Universe
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- ezinvoice.com – written with CouchDB, PouchDB, Bootstrap, and jQuery by Bill Stephenson. Check out his step-by-step development process here.
- Implement “Database per user pattern” in CouchDB (Cloudant <-> PouchDB)
- Does not eval to a function error in CouchDB
no public answer yet:
- How to delete permanent view in CouchDB-Futon
- CouchDB bulk copy operation doesn’t send back callback
- couchdb GET /_stats response interpretation
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- How to manipulate data retrieved from PouchDB
- PouchDB Extension not showing second database
- AutoIncrement _id in pouchdb
- Can a PouchDB deleted document be “undeleted” when a conflict occurs?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- September 22, Vancouver, B.C., Big Data Ingest & Transform Vancouver: Couchbase Day 2016
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Senior Software Engineer – Applications, Chicago (IL), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- Senior Architect, Addison (TX), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Author Data Science Videos at Lynda, Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Experienced Senior PHP Developer Pepper.com, Berlin, Germany
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
- Principal Software Engineer – IP Video, Denver (CO), US
Time to relax! Watch these videos 🙂
- The Amazing Triple Spiral (15,000 Dominos)
- Watching This PlayStation 3 Melt Is Oddly Soothing
- Whale watching is better with drones…and three whales
- Epic Aerial Croatia Summer 2016 Drone Video
- New Iceland Northern Lights Drone Video