Checking for cluster peers using SRV records on startup (see thread)
Adam Kocoloski proposes easing the onramp for users to get a clustered CouchDB setup running by utilizing the SRV approach.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchbeam 1.4.1 – Erlang CouchDB client
- node-red-node-cf-cloudant 0.2.17 – A Node-RED node to access Cloudant and CouchDB databases
- rest-on-couch 1.2.0 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents
- fun-pouchdb 3.2.0 – Thin PouchDB wrapper for convenient server use
- pouchdb-updateif 0.2.1 – Utilities for conditional updating of Pouch/Couch objects
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Ten Years with CouchDB, Jan Lehnardt
- [PHOTO] BradleyHolt giving #ibmwow a walkthrough of recently released Apache CouchDB 2.0
- [PAPER] Replex: A scalable, highly available multi-index data store, Michael Wei, Michael J. Freedman, Ittai Abraham and Dahlia Malkhi
… and in the PouchDB Universe
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- couchdb-python – Python library for working with CouchDB
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- app-pouchdb-document is an implementation of Polymer.AppStorageBehavior for reading and writing to individual PouchDB documents.
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 4-7, Santa Margarita (CA), US: Offline Camp California
- November 16-18, Seville, Spain: ApacheCon Europe
- November 17, Amsterdam, Rotterdam: NLHTML5 Nederland, All About Progressive Web Apps
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- (NEW) Big Data Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior Full Stack Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
- Software Engineer, Austin (TX), US
- Front End Developer, Triangle (NC), US
- 1st software engineer at Y Combinator start-up, Vancouver B.C., Canada
- Full Stack Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Senior Java Architect, Addison (TX), US
- Full Stack Java Architect, Denver (CO), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI) US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Modern Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
Time to relax!
- “You worked hard today, and deserve to relax. Open up a bottle of wine, light up some reefer, and let your eyes be entertained by beautiful colors merging into something magical, perfectly viscous paints smoothly coming together.” – Watching Paint Daubs Get Mixed Together Is Weirdly Calming
- “During the tearful series finale of ‘Gilmore Girls,’ Rory (Alexis Bledel) finally graduates from college, thus realizing her mother’s Ivy League dreams, but what if Stars Hollow were to be attacked by a roving zombie horde instead? The small screen doesn’t do this, as viewers would riot.” – The power of unhappy endings: “Black Mirror” finds hope in the darkness
- “It’s like the furniture version of ASMR. This short video from Vitra shows the materials of an Eames Lounge Chair coming together.” – Bliss out to this tranquil video of an Eames Lounge Chair being assembled by hand
- “Meditation has been shown to reduce pain, depression, and anxiety, and improve your quality of life. Take a look at the infographic below to learn more about some of the most popular ways to meditate.” – Which Type of Meditation Suits You Best?
- “Sparklygoo, AKA your new favorite Instagram account, has racked up over 45K followers just by posting soothing videos of sparkly, slimy goop. The account is part of Instagram’s Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) community that posts oddly calming videos.” – These Oddly Calming Slime Videos Can Replace Your Meditation Class
- “Hygge is a Danish word that roughly translates as cosiness, conviviality, intimacy. It is a homespun, Nordic take on the French concept of joie de vivre. Coffee pots, cinnamon buns, candles; cashmere socks, hands wrapped around mugs. It is a chic way to bow out of the frenzied jollity of party season, but more sociable and fun than the yoga and clean-eating lifestyle.” – Hygge – a soothing balm for the traumas of 2016