Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couch2pg 0.2.0 – Library and cli for one-way replicating CouchDB databases to PostgreSQL 9.4+.
- coucharchive 1.0.1 (Python) – Dump/restore a whole CouchDB server contents to/from a single tar.gz file.
- couchdb_connector 0.4.1 (Elixir) – A connector for CouchDB with support for views and authentication.
- rest-on-couch 2.0.2 – Interface to CouchDB that allows the control of permissions on the documents
- tcouchdbbuildercli 1.0.0 – Read, update and manage CouchDB design documents.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Node.js databases: Using CouchDB, Pedro Teixeira
- [POST] Enable Full Text Search in Apache CouchDB, Robert Kowalski
- [TIP] Quick Tip: Start CouchDB from terminal, Off-Nadir
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Creating a Vue.js Plugin, Isaac Odhiambo
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB reduce function to append
- Creating complex filters with CouchDB
- Cannot get `key` query string parameter to select a specific row
no public answer yet:
- What do the CouchDB replicator options `start_delay` and `start_splay` do?
- CouchDB list render data-object in mustache template with nested docs
- CouchDB Continuous Filtered Replication
- Pass Much of Data to Pug template from Multiply CouchDB Data View
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Cloudant case_clause error when requesting document with certain revision
- Evaluate variable in function before transforming function to string
- Sync PouchDB with filtered replication
no public answer yet:
- How would you handle two way relations in relational-pouch?
- pouchdb-find: can $in / $or queries use indexes?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
- December 2-5, 2016, Paris, France: dotJS
- December 5-7, 2016, Vancouver, Canada: ConFoo Vancouver 2016
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Full Stack Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
- Pipeline Developer (LA Based), Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
- Big Data Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Server Developer, Gainesville (FL), US
- Principal Software Engineer, Singapore
Time to relax!
- “The idea behind floating is simple: Spending an hour in a tank filled with 10 inches of water and about 800 pounds of Epsom salt, without any stimulation to distract us, lowers our heart rate, blood pressure and muscle tension, thereby reducing stress. Also, when we’re relaxed, our bodies release endorphins, the happy chemical.” – I Tried Floatation Therapy + Here’s What Happened
- “Because the globs of paint are mirrored to create a symmetrical effect and because it looks like the paint is mixing itself on its own without a palette knife, it’s sort of a trip to watch it all get thrown together, like if it was just magically plopping itself on top of each other in some sort of mesmerizing magical dance.” – Watching Paint Symmetrically Mix Itself Is Surprisingly Fun
- “The monotonous rumble of an aircraft’s engines with subtle movements and sound in the aircraft’s cabin can have great relaxational properties, and a lot of people find great benefit in falling asleep to the sound of an aircraft’s engines and then waking up eight hours later relaxed, and ‘virtually’ in another country!” – Around the world with Inflight Video, YouTube’s most soothing aviation channel
- “The closest thing our body has to ESP, Shams muses, is when someone experiences phantom limb phenomenon, which occurs when a person has a limb removed; it’s sensory deprivation in the realest sense.” – Real ESP Experiments Inspired ‘Stranger Things’
- “‘Social media can have some benefits and opportunities for connectivity. For example, social media platforms allow people with anxiety to express their feelings and connect with others who suffer from similar issues,’ says Monroe, though he adds that, ‘social media needs to be tempered with attentiveness, mindfulness practices, and a critical eye.’” – How Beauty Vloggers Use YouTube To Cope With Anxiety