Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb_connector 0.4.2 (Elixir) – A connector for CouchDB with support for views and authentication.
- hapi-couchdb-login 0.2.1 – CouchDB Login plugin for HapiJS.
- gpii-pouchdb 1.0.0 – This package provides Fluid components that wrap PouchDB and express-pouchdb.
- pouchdb-upsert-bulk 1.0.2 – Upsert bulk plugin for PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [NEWS] The CouchDB 2.0.0 Windows Installer has a local privilege escalation.
- [POST] Cyrus databases: twoskip and beyond, Bron Gondwana
- [VIDEO] LedgerSprint5 CouchDB demo, Hyperledger Fabric
- [POST] CouchDB Query Protocol and Index Benchmarking (Part 1), Kevin Jing Qiu
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Experimenting With Simple CRUD Operations Using PouchDB In Angular 2.1.1, Ben Nadel
- [VIDEO] How to Engage with Browser Vendors, Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- couch-ml-adapter – An adapter for using OCaml applications as CouchDB Query Servers
- BackupServer – For those who like Camels on their Couches.
- CouchDB returning invalid JSON
- Change value of JSON key in N1QL Couchbase
- How get documents directly in first level of JSON, and not grouped inside value – viewWithList
- Procedure to add a CommonJS modules (show list function)
- CouchDB add a parameter on the view to get a document by id
no public answer yet:
- How to create a big number of documents in CouchDB?
- What kind of SSL set up to use for dockerized CouchDB replicating with client via PouchDB?
- Logstash – _changes with CouchDB Filter
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Offline Sync – Run Ionic 2 application offline in sync with database.
- RxDB – Reactive Offline-first Database with Sync, Schema, Mongo-Query, Encryption, LevelDown.
- How to filter replication between PouchDB and CouchDB
- Number of pending changes to be replicated by PouchDB
no public answer yet:
- Sequential unique IDs for PouchDB
- Make pagination with PouchDB
- Is there a way to use PouchDB Inspector to inspect a remote device?
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- May 6-7, 2017, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, 2017, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- SaaS Cloud Engineer, Denver (CO), US/Remote
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Principal Software Engineer (Java, node.js, Ruby), Portland (OR), US
- Software Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
- Big Data Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Pipeline Developer (LA Based), Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Senior Software Engineer – New Platform, Sydney, Australia
Time to relax!
- “As you move through the routine, pay attention to any areas where you feel tightness and try to relax those muscles. At the end of a long day, you may find yourself unconsciously clenching your jaw or raising your shoulders.” – Relax Before Bedtime with This 20-Minute Yoga Routine
- “Trust me, it will only make you feel worse. Blaming yourself for how you feel is never skillful, productive, or kind. A host of causes and conditions have come together in your life to create this painful feeling. It’s not your fault.” – 10 Things to Try When You’re Feeling Lonely
- “What’s your stress ‘tell?’ For some, a quickened heart rate or a slight feeling of queasiness is enough to let them know they’re getting anxious or overwhelmed. But just as a slight from your boss or bad news from a family member can get your stress hormones pumping and your blood pressure rising quickly, you have the power to reset almost instantly.” – 20 Scientifically Backed Ways To De-Stress Right Now
- “They’re everything you need to melt your holiday stress — because it’s never a bad idea to watch some cuddly panda bears play around in China or some badass jellyfish float around an aquarium in California.” – Melt your holiday stress with these adorable animal live cams
- “I have been looking at a lot of geeky computer graphics demos, including noodle physics, viscous fluid spills on 3D bunnies, or softbody armadillos hugging each other. I was interested in using these as references, but transforming them into an abstract or ever-evolving narrative.” – Bogged Down By Mortality? Find Solace in this Mind-Bending AR Work
… and also in the news
- Four New Names Officially Added to the Periodic Table of Elements
- The Popular Victorian Clubs That Yearned To Fill Europe With Hippos
- What GitHub Did to Kill Its Trolls
- This 14-foot python was caught with 3 deer in its gut. That’s a bad sign.
- Positive remote worker habit – a morning routine
- Sometimes There Are More Important Goals Than Civility