Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb_connector 0.4.5 (Elixir) – A connector for CouchDB with support for views and authentication.
- davenport 1.0.4 – A CouchDB client for simplifying common tasks like get, list, create, update and delete. Comes complete with full TypeScript definitions.
- spicy-action 8.2.0 – HTTP(S) proxy & Socket.IO relay for CouchDB and others
- tor_async_couchdb 0.50.0 (Python) – Tornado Async Client for CouchDB
- angular-pouchdb-logger 0.5.0 – Enables logging to web database via PouchDB and $log delegate. The library is Ionic-aware and autoselect the best db for each platform.
- pouchdb-react-native 6.1.25 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [TOOLS] CouchDyno – CouchDyno is a set of tools for testing, benchmarking and interactively experimenting with IBM Cloudant and Apache CouchDB databases. IBM developerWorks Open Projects
- [POST] Provisioning Cloudant / CouchDB Databases From Auth0 For A Database-Per-User Architecture In Angular 2.4.1, Ben Nadel
- [VIDEO] Conflict-Free Replicated Data Types (CRDTs), Paul Frazee
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Syncing Local PouchDB Data With Remote IBM Cloudant Database In Angular 2.4.1, Ben Nadel
- [POST] Using PouchDB and Couchbase NoSQL in Your Node.js Web Application, Nic Raboy
- [POST] Create a Desktop App that Syncs using Electron, PouchDB, Ionic 2 and Couchbase, Nic Raboy
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- pzgps – Read GPS data from a PiZero in a single page web app via a WebSocket
- CouchDB query view limit
- Cloudant/CouchDB Architecture
- Imitate a COUNT… GROUP BY in Cloudant (CouchDB)
- CouchDB: startkey and endkey not work with complex key
no public answer yet:
- Revert CouchDB database file after accidentally switching source and target servers
- CouchDB Fauxton – How to navigate through revisions history?
- How do I stop/shutdown the native CouchDB app on OSX?
- Can CouchDB/LightCouch throw an exception and still create an document in the database?
- How to properly start/stop CouchDB 2.0 on Ubuntu
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- coypu.co – Text-editor-like week planner, Tab key completes tasks, PouchDB persistent storage, wrapped with Electron.
- PouchDB – document structure if some fields will be updated more than others
- PouchDB: Clear localDB when it is safe on remoteDB
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB: how to detect server down?
- Ember js adapter/application js configuration issue for PouchDB
- CouchDB not responding while replication from PouchDB
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- Michael Hall (IRC nick: mhall119, Twitter: @mhall119) has been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Michael!
- January 16, Hamburg, Germany: Serverless Hamburg: Meetup January 2017
- January 20, Budapest, Hungary: NodeConf Budapest
- February 9, New York (NY), US: Apache CouchDB Developer Day
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Big Data Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III, Washington, D.C. (US)
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- New Platform Architect, Sydney, Australia
- SaaS Cloud Engineer, Denver (CO), US/Remote
- Principal Researcher/Software Developer – Sandhu Faculty, Cambridge, UK
Time to relax with these mesmerizing videos of stuff being made!
- How Lipstick Is Made
- How Ice Cream Is Made
- How It’s Made Lego
- How Eye Shadow Is Made
- How Sriracha Is Made
… and also in the news
- Techdirt’s First Amendment Fight For Its Life
- The Concussion Diaries: One High School Football Player’s Secret Struggle with CTE
- The Deadliest Shootings In 2016 You Didn’t Hear About
- The Weirdness of Being Black in White Spaces After the Election
- Was 2016 especially dangerous for celebrities? An empirical analysis.