- PouchDB Server has been successfully rebuilt as a monorepo. Please test v2.3.3 and report any bugs or doc mistakes!
NanoJS (see thread)
NanoJS has been donated to Apache, so this thread discusses the migration.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- callipyge-cloudant 0.5.0 – Proxy to Cloudant CouchDB hosting service. Builds on h2o2.
- couchdb-promises 3.0.0 – ES6 promises-based CouchDB client
- dadi/api-couchdb 0.2.0 – A CouchDB adapter for DADI API
- logstash-input-couchdb_changes 3.1.1 (Ruby) – This gem is a Logstash plugin required to be installed on top of the Logstash core pipeline using $LS_HOME/bin/logstash-plugin install gemname
- express-pouchdb 2.3.4 – Express submodule with a CouchDB-style REST interface to PouchDB.
- pouchdb-quick-search 1.3.0 – PouchDB Quick Search – persisted full-text search for PouchDB
- pouchdb-server 2.3.4 – CouchDB-compatible server built on PouchDB and Node
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [SLIDES] CouchDB Day NYC 2017: Using Geospatial Data in Cloudant & CouchDB, IBM Cloud Data Services
- [SLIDES] CouchDB Day NYC 2017: Replication, IBM Cloud Data Services
- [SLIDES] CouchDB Day NYC 2017: JSON Documents, IBM Cloud Data Services
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline-First Web Application Using Redux and PouchDB, Brian Petro
- [POST] Why I’m leaving Firebase for PouchDB… Or am I?, Lee Nathan
- [OPEN ISSUES] For those looking to get involved in OSS, I’ve cleaned up PouchDB Server’s issues and marked them easy/medium/hard, Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to restrict CouchDB to serverside updates
- CouchDB View Compaction
- Querying part of array key in CouchDB view
- CouchDB view indexing while concurrent operations occur
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Unable to sync PouchDB with Couchbase Sync Gateway
- How to update a document with existing attachments?
- Uploading file to PouchDB/CouchDB
- Get data from PouchDB
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 28 – March 4, San Francisco (CA), US: Forward Swift Web Technology Summit Spring
- March 21, Munich, Germany: React Days 2017
- March 23, London, UK: IBM Cloudant & dashDB Workshop
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18–19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full Stack Developer, Berlin, London or New York (NY) US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior Backend Engineer/Architect, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Python Backend Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform startup, Salt Lake City (UT), US
- Integration Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
Time to relax!
- “Whether it’s a big stack of bills, heavy workloads, or that bastard Greg not liking the meme you tagged him in, it doesn’t take long for stuff to pile up and make you feel overloaded. Stress is a creeping problem, slowly bubbling beneath the surface often without you even realising it. It’s all too easy to push worries to the back of your mind and soldier on regardless of the mental weight you’re carrying.” – 10 Most Relaxing Video Games For When You Just Need To Unwind
- “An uptick in anxiety levels — whether due to the never-ending negative news cycle, long hours at work, family drama, or something else — can have a serious impact on sleep. (Who hasn’t lain awake at night with worries racing through their brain?) If you find yourself tossing and turning, you need a new strategy when you hit the sack…” – How To Go To Sleep When You’re Stressed To The Max
- “Relax with 10 white-noisy hours of cracking ice, idling engines and falling snow, courtesy of YouTube.” – White Noise: 10 soothing hours of an Arctic icebreaker
- “‘Our marketing people wondered if anyone had ever seen how machines really talk. So we decided to show it,’ said Kone president and CEO Henrik Ehrnrooth. The real-time page shows four elevators communicating with Kone’s cloud-based network that feeds into IBM’s Watson platform. There’s also an audio function that allows visitors to listen to the conversation.” – Need some soothing? Listen to elevators talk
- “The warm weekend had melted the top layer of ice, and much of the shoreline now consists of ice with an inch or two of water on top. That not only allowed the gulls to look as if they were standing on water, but gave the ice sheets a nearly friction-free surface to slide into the lake. The sound of the crackling ice could be heard a half mile down the recreation trail.” – Watch mesmerizing ice sheets bump and slide on Onondaga Lake