Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- clusterpost-provider 1.4.0 – This is an Hapi plugin to Execute jobs in remote computing grids using a REST API.
- excel-couchdb-import 3.1.0 – Import Excel Sheets to CouchDB
- sails-couch-alt – An alternative Waterline/Sails adapter for couch db. Implements a single database model.
- spicy-action 9.0.0 – Web proxy for CouchDB and others, plus Socket.IO relay
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB and PouchDB Universe
- [POST] PouchDB: the Swiss Army Knife of databases, Glynn Bird
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Unbalanced Disk Usage Among Nodes in CouchDB
- How to query CouchDB with non id field?
- How to count the documents returned by a Mango query
- How to set group = true in CouchDB
- How to configure CouchDB from my Node.js app
no public answer yet:
- Is there a native support for geojson in CouchDB 2.0
- CouchDB, deleting view index doesn’t trigger reindex, still available
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- Filtered replication is not working as expected in PouchDB to CouchDB
- PouchDB / CouchDB / Cloudant PUT _security
- How to save data in user specified location using PouchDB
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- May 6-7, Berlin, Germany: JSConf Europe
- May 16-18, Miami, Florida: ApacheCon and Apache Big Data
- May 18-19, North Charleston (SC), US: SyntaxCon
- May 24, Atlanta (GA), US: php[tek] 2017 – CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL for Modern Applications
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Integration Developer, Los Angeles, (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US/Remote
- Senior Software Engineer (.NET), St. Paul (MN), US
- Embedded Software Engineer for Next-Gen Agriculture Data Platform, South Salt Lake (UT), US
- Senior DevOps Engineer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Time to relax with some facts about brains
- “The body’s central controller predicts every contingency, using its stored database of past experiences, to minimize the element of surprise. Take vision, for example: We rarely see objects in their entirety but our brains fill in the gaps to make a best guess at what we are seeing—and these predictions are usually an accurate reflection of reality.” – The Brain Has Its Own “Autofill” Function for Speech
- “Stem cell biologists are basically modern day witches. While they’re not exactly taking a creepy fetal Lord Voldemort and turning him into noseless Ralph Fiennes, these scientists can use tinctures and concoctions to grow incredible things from just a few human skin cells.” – Scientists Brew Up the Creepiest Batches of Brain Balls Yet
- “From a psychology perspective, for instance, time seems to flow by, sometimes slowly — like when we’re stuck in line at the DMV — and sometimes quickly — like when we’re lost in an engrossing novel. But from a physics perspective, time may be simply another dimension in the universe, like length, height, or width.” – The Human Brain Is a Time Machine
- “[Researchers] from the University of Edinburgh in Scotland have shown that men and women do, in fact, have different brain structures and sizes. Women tend to have thicker cortices, which are associated with intelligence, whereas men’s brains tend to be bigger overall. Although these differences can’t prove that men and women behave differently, they could shed light on why some medications work better in men better than women, and vice versa.” – Women have bigger brain regions associated with intelligence
- “Researchers at University College London discovered that at a physical level the brain finds decency far more satisfying than deception. The trial revealed that, despite accumulating a large amount of money, most participants derived no deep-seated satisfaction if the success was gained at the expense of others.” – The secret to honesty revealed: it feels better
… and also in the news
- Why Fruit Has a Fake Wax Coating
- Sleep Your Problems Away
- Why We Fall in Love: The Paradoxical Psychology of Romance and Why Frustration Is Necessary for Satisfaction
- For years, we’ve been told fat clogs our arteries. Now, scientists say that’s all wrong.
- Child poverty in the US is a disgrace. Experts are embracing this simple plan to cut it.
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.