Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudantlite 0.3.0 – A super-lightweight Node.js library for Cloudant. It takes the “relax” function from Nano and removes all of the other functions.
- couchdb 0.5.2 (Rust) – CouchDB client library
- couchdb-connector 0.1.3 – CouchDB connector for AngularJS
- davenport 2.2.1 – Davenport is a CouchDB client for simplifying common tasks like get, list, create, update and delete. It comes complete with full TypeScript definitions.
- fluent-plugin-couch 0.9.1 (Ruby) – CouchDB output plugin for Fluent event collector
- spicy-action 9.3.0 – Web proxy for CouchDB and others, plus Socket.IO relay
- csv-to-pouch 3.1.2 – Parse CSV files and save their data to a PouchDB database.
- gtfs-to-pouch 1.5.1 – Tools to work with GTFS schedules using PouchDB databases.
- ouch-stream 1.0.0 – Library wrapping PouchDB with object streams.
- pouchdb-react-native 6.2.6 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [PODCAST] The New Builders Ep. 34: Dispatch from ApacheCon in Miami
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 5: concurrency and eventual consistency, Andras Nemes
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 6: batch updates and insertions, Andras Nemes
- [POST] Introduction to CouchDB with .NET part 8: data replication, Andras Nemes
- [POST] Notes on Building Noise: a JSON Search Engine written in Rust, Damien Katz
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Error in filtered function creation on CouchDB
- Trigger after updating the document at CouchDB
- CouchDB how to allow external connections only from specific IPs
- How to handle multiple foreign keys in CouchDB document?
no public answer yet:
- Calls to CouchDB’s _session always return 200
- Where to see the log of console.log in CouchDB?
- How can I develop multi app login system on CouchDB
- CouchDB Node.js driver nano unable to compact the database after updating document
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB get on _id returns nor date neither error
- I want to edit and update document using React and PouchDB
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- Glynn Bird (IRC nick: glynnbird, Twitter: glynn_bird) has been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Glynn!
- June 29-July 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands: Dutch PHP Conference
- July 12, Chicago (IL), US, Internet of Things Chicago: A developer’s guide to Exploring and Visualizing IoT Data by IBM
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Backend Engineer with NodeJS, Atlanta (GA), US/Remote
- Senior Application Security Engineer, Rockville (MD), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
Time to relax!
- “Color coding your home is relaxing for a number of reasons. For starters, it’s easy on the eyes and makes it simple for our mind to categorize things.” – Color Coding Is An Easy Hack To Make Your Apartment More Relaxing — Here Are Some Affordable Ways To Do It
- “The videos are tagged to attract people with Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. ASMR is a trait some people have where certain sounds, like soft whispering, trigger a pleasurable tingling physical response in their brain, and there’s an entire online community with hundreds of videos designed to elicit an ASMR response.” – The Oddly Satisfying, Strangely Soothing World of Sand Slicing Videos
- “As for more complex balancing, like those crazy stone stacking videos on YouTube, we’re told that it’s something that’s certainly possible with two arms, especially if the arms can detect when a rock has been placed unstably and then make small adjustments to compensate.” – Incredibly Soothing Robot Makes Towers of Balanced Stones
- “There’s something so soothing about watching things being packed. It’s a universal fact. And this video of workers passing and packing pineapples has gone and proved that. Because in just two days it clocked up more than 8.1 million views across the world after being shared by a farming-themed Facebook page.” – Deeply soothing footage of people packing pineapples
… and also in the news
- Brexit and the coming food crisis: ‘If you can’t feed a country, you haven’t got a country’
- How Blushing Exposes You, and Benefits You
- The Peculiar Architecture And Design of Eixample, Barcelona
- Inside Hillary Clinton’s Surreal Post-Election Life
- The best employee handbook ever