Catch up with the CouchDB blog
- Couch of Ages: From bare benches to sweet sofas
- A CouchDB user story: Gregory (MadPink) Miller shares his CouchDB Udemy course
[DISCUSSION] Disallow all merges of PRs to master that cause tests to fail (see thread)
Joan Touzet proposes that no check-ins be allowed on the master branch unless the CI test run against that PR are clean.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- frantic-team 1.2.0 – Inject replication documents in CouchDB
- well-groomed-feast 13.0.1 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch
- pouchdb-react-native 6.3.4 – PouchDB Bundle for ReactNative
- xstream-extra-pouchdb 1.0.0 – xstream operators for PouchDB operations
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Introducing the New Data Replication Protocol in Couchbase Mobile 2.0, Priya Rajagopal
- [PHOTO] BSD running CouchDB, Swift on Security
- [POST] CouchDB and Node.js — What module do you recommend? Node.js Recipes
- [COURSE] Understanding CouchDB : Learn Basic & Advanced NoSQL Skills, Udemy
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to invalidate a users token in CouchDB?
- Replicating CouchDB with Cloudant fails
- Get value from database into different database
- Problems joining two documents via Map-Function (CouchDB)
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB image attachment not showing
- How can I query CouchDB for deleted documents?
- Different last_seq when calling changes, with a limit
- How to fetch unlimited documents using Mango query CouchDB without providing “limit” field?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- How to access a database through the internet (+ Ionic and PouchDB)
- How to update nwjs offline application having data in PouchDB?
- PouchDB Storage Limit – Firefox
- SQL Server and Firebase/PouchDB synchronization
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- September 10, Tel Aviv, Israel: ReactNext 2017: Dealing with Data Offline in Web Apps
- September 12, London, United Kingdom: OpenSource & Agile, Patterns for “Offline First” Application with Miguel Angel Quinones!
- October 9-11, Berlin, Germany: React Days 2017, We are building a Progressive Web app
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Developer – Standard, St. Louis (MO), US
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Developer Backend, Surrey, BC, Canada
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- Cloud Software Developer – Innovation Center, Los Angeles (CA), US
Also in the news
- There Is Only One Side to the Story of Charlottesville
- 2016 Was Hot, Weird, and Unprecedented, Says NOAA
- The Maddeningly Simple Way Tech Companies Can Employ More Women
- The Prince Estate and Pantone Unveil Love Symbol #2
- Emoji Are Getting Weirder. That’s A Good Thing
- Fifteen years ago, I taught a course on collective racial violence in the US. It is the only course I decided to never teach again.
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.