Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- coucharchive 1.2.1 (Python) – Dump/restore a whole CouchDB server contents to/from a single tar.gz file.
- couchdb-expression 1.0.5 – Express Session Store for CouchDB
- couchify 0.4.1 – use next generation JS in your CouchDB apps.
- kivik 1.2.0 – Kivik provides a generic interface to CouchDB or CouchDB-like databases for Go and GopherJS.
- node-couch 2.3.0 – CouchDB library for Node.js
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [PAPER] WiscKey: Separating Keys from Values in SSD-conscious Storage, Lanyue Lu, Thanumalayan Sankaranarayana Pillai, Andrea C. Arpaci-Dusseau, and Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau (For more check out WiscKey, Key Value Store based on LevelDB)
- [POST] Building Offline-First App using MVVM, RxJava, Room and Priority Job Queue, James Shvarts
- [POST] Introduction to NoSql Databases, Cecilia Pereyra
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [SLIDEDECK] CouchDB, PouchBD and Offline-Tolerant Apps, Lorna Mitchell
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- How to create a CouchDB “selector” in Node.js?
- Check if login information is correct for remote database
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 10-13, Grants Pass (OR), US: Offline Camp Oregon
- November 11 – Visakhapatnam, India: Vizag Bluemix User Group, Deploying your first Node Application to IBM Bluemix
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior Web Back-end Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Web Full-Stack Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- Team Lead – Engineering, Chicago (IL), US
Also in the news
- We Don’t Do That Here
- The Trump (Alternate) Reality Show
- Spotify’s Discover Weekly: How machine learning finds your new music
- These Are the Women Who Have Accused Harvey Weinstein of Sexual Harassment and Assault
- Puerto Rico’s hurricane death toll rises to 45
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.