Last call: 2.1.1 imminent (see thread)
A candidate for testing is coming soon.
Catch up with the blog
- Get up to speed on CouchDB 2.0 in 45 minutes
- Couch of Ages: Lord Chesterfield
- Common misconceptions about CouchDB, plus how to solve them!
- Join the Offline First Community at Offline Camp Oregon
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchable 0.4.4 (Python) – Allows arbitrary python objects to be stored in CouchDB, while keeping the resulting CouchDB document as “natural” as possible.
- couchbeam_amuino 1.4.3-amuino.8 (Erlang) – Erlang CouchDB client + fixes
- couchdb-expression 1.2.2 – Express Session Store for CouchDB
- fam 1.1.3 (Python) – Simple Python ORM for CouchDB, and Sync Gateway
- loopback-connector-couchdb2 1.1.0 – The loopback-connector-couchdb2 module is the CouchDB 2.0 connector for the LoopBack framework that supports the advanced functionality originally found only in Cloudant but that is now available in CouchDB.
- node-couch-view-indexer 1.0.1 – CouchDB view indexer for Node.js using node-couch
- opp-perch 0.16.3 (Python) – Open Permissions Platform CouchDB Library
- putdoc 2.1.0 – PUT a folder as JSON, in CouchDB “traditional couchapp” style, via simple Node.js tool.
- spicy-action 13.0.1 – Web proxy for CouchDB and others, plus Socket.IO relay
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Couchimport Revisited, Glynn Bird
- [POST] Building scalable and resilient web application using Akka, Sanjeev Ghimire
- [VIDEO] What is Offline First? Teri Chadbourne
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] PouchDB WebSQL Sync by creativeoctopus, Kenith Blaque
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Why do CouchDB reduce functions receive ‘keys’ as an argument
- Installing CouchDB 2.1 on Ubuntu Server 16.04
- CouchDB reduce function with an array of values
no public answer yet:
- Within MapReduce implementations, is ‘rereduce’ specific to CouchDB?
- How to use CouchDB query limit in Golang
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB error ‘web_sql_went_bad’ reason ‘database has been closed’
- PouchDB replication stream doesn’t include revisions after load?
- PouchDB + Superlogin + Angular 2 / Ionic 2
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 10-13, Grants Pass (OR), US: Offline Camp Oregon
- November 11 – Visakhapatnam, India: Vizag Bluemix User Group, Deploying your first Node Application to IBM Bluemix
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Senior Web Back-end Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Golang Backend Engineer, Virtual Reality, Brooklyn (NY), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior Web Developer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior Web Full-Stack Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US/Remote
- Mgr, Software Engineering – Platform Services, Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Sr Architect – Platform Services Architect (Mobile), Menomonee Falls (WI), US
- Senior Java Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Data Warehouse Architect & Mentor, Monrovia, Liberia
- Team Lead – Engineering, Chicago (IL), US
Also in the news
- Spain Moves To Strip Catalonia’s Autonomy After Secession Showdown
- We should be talking about the effect of climate change on cities. But we’re not.
- A Catfishing With a Happy Ending
- When 500% Faster is Garbage
- What I Don’t Tell My Students About ‘The Husband Stitch’