Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- coucharchive 1.3.0 (Python) – Dump/restore a whole CouchDB server contents to/from a single tar.gz file.
- couchnanny 0.0.1 – Your personal CouchDB helper
- ember-pouch 5.0.0-beta.6 – PouchDB/CouchDB adapter for Ember Data
- pouchq 0.1.0 – Simplified interactions with PouchDB.
- session-pouchdb-store 0.1.1 – A PouchDB session store for express.js.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [TUTORIAL] Creating a CouchDB Database on an Ubuntu Server (Digital Ocean), Josh Morony
- [POST] Getting Started With Spiegel: Scalable Replication and Change Listening for CouchDB, Geoff Cox
… and in the PouchDB Universe
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB Attachments Cannot be Opened
- Can we have nested array of objects in CouchDB?
- Apache CouchDB good for pre-defined queries?
no public answer yet:
- One database per user security
- Is it possible to query a view (CouchDB) with an array of keys which are in turn arrays
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Unitrack, Dead simple package tracking. This is the first step to enabling synchronization across multiple devices! (Existing shipments are automatically migrated from localStorage to PouchDB.)
- PouchDB Live Sync Disabled by Additional Tab
- PouchDB authentication with token (Cookie: AuthSession=xyz) lead to unsafe header “Cookie”
- Creating Typescript singleton for different PouchDB instances
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB not syncing, no error/sync event logged, looks like a caching issue
- Adding PouchDB to Webpack?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- January 19, Sheffield, United Kingdom: FrontEndNorth
- January 30, Madison (WI), US: Big Data Madison
- February 12, Vienna, Austria: ViennaDB
- March 16, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup Hamburg
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Sr. Software Engineer – Promotions, New York (NY), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Cloud Engineer, Berlin, Germany
- Full Stack Java Software Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Java Development Engineer, Bowie (MD), US
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Belleville (IL), US
- Full Stack Developer – Migration Specialist, Bowie (MD), US
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Charleston (SC), US
- Java Principal Software Development Engineer, Bowie (MD), US
Also in the news
- North and South Korea to march under one flag at Winter Olympics ‘peace games’
- Time’s Up: I Was Fired As A Software Engineer
- Fiji PM: ‘We are losing the battle’ to save coral reefs
- These are the 25 dishes you must try in destinations around the world
- Illustrating Balanced and Inclusive Teams