[PROPOSAL] Flexible replicator client authentication and session support (see thread)
Nick Vatamaniuc is proposing to add session cookie support to the
[AMEND OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS] Bylaws revision: HTTP API change notifications (see thread)
Joan Touzet is proposing a change to the CouchDB Bylaws.
Releases in the CouchDB & PouchDB Universe
- rxdb 7.3.3 – A reactive Database for Progressive Web Apps and more
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [TUTORIAL] CouchDB Authentication Without Server-Side Code, Erik Brandtzaeg
- [POST] More NoSQL (some CouchDB conclusions), Katherine Jay
- [TUTORIAL] How To Install Apache CouchDB on CentOS 7, RoseHosting
- [POST] HospitalRun: 10 Reasons to Contribute, John Kleinschmidt
- [TUTORIAL] How to use CouchDB as Cache Database in your app, Alberto Aragón Alvarez
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Creation and Data Synchronization with CouchDB PouchDB and SQLite 3, Adrian Pedro Zelada Torrez
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- NoteSelf – TiddlyWiki with CouchDB backend, Thejesh Gn
- Is it possible to install CouchDB 2.x via apt-get?
- Create document as Admin despite validation function
- Connecting CouchDB container from another container
no public answer yet:
- Dilemma to choose sqlite or CouchDB for app rewrite from native iOS to hybrid
- Checking For a User Role
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- PouchDB how to query when using “every doc is a delta” strategy?
- PouchDB using remoteDB and not local DB instance by default in online mode not not in offline mode
- Indexing a PouchDB db by the keys of an array of obj
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 12, Vienna, Austria: ViennaDB
- March 13, Kraków, Poland: Angular Dragons, CouchDB & PouchDB – synergy for PWA
- March 16, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup Hamburg
- June 6-8, Charleston (SC), US: Syntax Conference, featuring PWAs and Offline-First Application Development, a workshop
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Integration Developer, Los Angeles (CA), US
- Web Application Developer, Brandon (FL), US
- Senior PHP Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Full Stack Java Software Engineer, Atlanta (GA), US
- Cloud Engineer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Full Stack Digital Developer, Markham, Canada
- Senior Java Development Engineer, Bowie (MD), US
- Team Lead Engineering – Platform/Cloud Services, New York (NY), US
- Sr. Software Engineer – Carting Services, New York (NY), US
- Full Stack Developer – Migration Specialist, Bowie (MD), US
- Java Principal Software Development Engineer, Bowie (MD), US
Also in the news
- A Tinder Progressive Web App Performance Case Study
- European stock markets recover after sharp losses
- North Korea holds military parade ahead of Winter Olympics
- Have you ever seen a baby octopus hatching?
- Missouri woman finds neighbor’s dog riding pony
Submit news to the CouchDB Weekly
Reach out to us with your news suggestions by sending us an email or by contacting us on Twitter @CouchDB.