It’s almost time for CouchDB Conf, held in Vancouver on November the 13th. That’s the day before Cascadia JS. If you don’t have your ticket to CouchDB Conf yet, there’s still time secure a place. Come meet the community, and learn about the future of CouchDB. The ticket includes a reception at Cascadia JS, which starts the day after CouchDB Conf.
Purchase your ticket for CouchDB Conf now
The conference will include sessions that span Apache CouchDB and related technologies — covering everything from getting started to advanced features as well as CouchDB internals, application development, and best practices. Attendees will also get updates on other projects in the community such as PouchDB, a Web browser-based database capable of replicating data with Apache CouchDB and other compatible databases. Featured speakers include Jan Lehnardt, Hoodie; Joan Touzet, Atypical; Brian Benz, Microsoft; and Dale Harvey, Mozilla.
- Apache CouchDB is the database that replicates. CouchDB-style replication is now supported in a wide range of databases that live in browsers (PouchDB), mobile (TouchDB), and the cloud. Many of the talks will cover various aspects of using replication and modeling your data to work with it.
- Fauxton is the new Futon, CouchDB’s Web-based administration console. Fauxton brings a fresh, modular approach to UI for Apache CouchDB. It is available at /_fauxton in Apache CouchDB 1.5, and will eventually become the new /_utils UI.
Apache CouchDB Conf is the event to attend to expand knowledge, meet project committers and contributors, and find out where Apache CouchDB is headed.
Visit the conference website for more information.
We hope to see you there!
Apache CouchDB 1.5.0 has been released and is available for download.
Grab your copy here:
Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.
CouchDB 1.5.0 is a feature release, and was originally published on 2013-11-05.
These release notes are based on the changelog.
- COUCHDB-1781: The official documentation has been overhauled. A lot of
content from other sources have been merged, and the index page
has been rebuilt to make the docs much more accessible.
- A new administration UI, codenamed Fauxton, has been included as an
experimental preview. It can be accessed at /_utils/fauxton/. There
are too many improvements here to list them all. We are looking for
feedback from the community on this preview release.
- COUCHDB-1888: Fixed an issue where admin users would be restricted by
the public_fields feature.
- COUCHDB-1867: An experimental plugin feature has been added. See
src/couch_plugin/README.md for details. We invite the community to
test and report any findings.
- COUCHDB-1894: An experimental Node.js-based query server runtime
has been added. See Experimental Features for details. We invite the
community to test and report any findings.
- COUCHDB-1901: Better retry mechanism for transferring attachments
during replication. #4ca2cec