Apache CouchDB 1.5.0 has been released and is available for download.
Grab your copy here:
Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.
CouchDB 1.5.0 is a feature release, and was originally published on 2013-11-05.
These release notes are based on the changelog.
- COUCHDB-1781: The official documentation has been overhauled. A lot of
content from other sources have been merged, and the index page
has been rebuilt to make the docs much more accessible.
- A new administration UI, codenamed Fauxton, has been included as an
experimental preview. It can be accessed at /_utils/fauxton/. There
are too many improvements here to list them all. We are looking for
feedback from the community on this preview release.
- COUCHDB-1888: Fixed an issue where admin users would be restricted by
the public_fields feature.
- COUCHDB-1867: An experimental plugin feature has been added. See
src/couch_plugin/README.md for details. We invite the community to
test and report any findings.
- COUCHDB-1894: An experimental Node.js-based query server runtime
has been added. See Experimental Features for details. We invite the
community to test and report any findings.
- COUCHDB-1901: Better retry mechanism for transferring attachments
during replication. #4ca2cec