Weekly CouchDB meeting – summary
- BigCouch merge: significant process has been made. We want to encourage everyone to check out the COUCHDB-1843 branch and help with testing. Info: to run the bigcouch from merge branch: clone couchdb.git, checkout 1843-feature-bigcouch, ./configure && make && dev/run. Please report any errors you find during testing on dev@ Mailing list or on IRC #couchdb-dev.
- 1.6.0 release: 1.6.0 rc5 is still open vor testing and voting. There are now Windows binaries against Erlang 17.0, – Windows users out there, feel free to test them. On the issues with Erlang 17.0, please also see this post on what it takes to use it in production. There’ll be a follow-up item on this which will be sent to the mailing list this week.
- CouchDB Meetups: there have been two CouchDB Meetups in Hamburg and Berlin, Germany, in the last week, and both were amazing. The recap for Hamburg can be found here.
Discussion: Project by-laws (ongoing discussion; see thread)
The by-laws have been discussed and updated according to the community’s comments. They can be found here, your feedback is very welcome.
Release Apache CouchDB 1.6.0 rc5 (see thread)
The testing and voting for all systems is still in progress.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couch-daemon – helps you write CouchDB workers efficiently that can be implemented and managed by CouchDB as os_daemons; with a Highland streaming interface
- couchdb2s3 (0.3.0) – export CouchDB databases to line-oriented json files on s3
- sails-couchdb-orm (0.9.0) – CouchDB adapter for Sails.js and Waterline ORM
- dimensionist – CouchDB daemon to extract dimensions from image attachments
- On the Viability of Erlang Releases and CouchDB
- An ode to 17 databases in 33 minutes (talk)
- Relaxing with CouchDB (talk, download)
- On May 13, the first CouchDB Meetup in Hamburg took place. You’ll find the recap here, and there’s also a G+ Community – the CouchDB people in Hamburg would love to welcome you there or at their next meetup!
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow: How to have ember-couchdb-kit pull data from a view
- Stack Overflow: WHERE OR Query – CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: How to connect pinoccio to Apache CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB, all_docs and filter design documents with endkey
- Stack Overflow: How to change permissions on a CouchDB database with Python
- Stack Overflow: Does updating a design document in CouchDB cause rebuilding of views?
- Stack Overflow: How to start CouchDB from command line
- Stack Overflow: Modify response from CouchDB POST/GET _session
- Stack Overflow: Python, CouchDB: how to Update already existing document by ID
- Stack Overflow: AngularJS/PouchDB app stops syncing to CouchDB when cache.manifest added
- Stack Overflow: How to call CouchDB view from Java code?
- Stack Overflow: Error while installing couch DB version 1.5.1
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB Install Errors Involving http.c on CentOS
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB’s emit and mutable keys
- Stack Overflow: Changing CouchDB URL in Ember
- Stack Overflow: CouchDb ‘init terminating in do_boot’ error in Ubuntu 14.04
- Stack Overflow: Access external web server couchdb
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB Map/Reduce function to get average based on group=true and then get the max average of all grouped values
- New CouchDB Waterline Adapater – Would appreciate help testing! (no public reactions yet)
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- Help us testing Apache CouchDB 1.6.0 rc5! You’ll find all important information on release artefacts and test procedure here.
- Here’s a list of beginner tickets around our currently ongoing Fauxton-implementation. If you have any questions or need help, don’t hesitate to contact us in the couchdb-dev IRC room (#couchdb-dev) – Garren (garren) and Sue (deathbear) are happy to help.
We’d be happy to have you!
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Web Application Developer, Conroe, Texas, USA
- Speech Scientist – Engineer, Boston, MA, USA
- Senior Software Engineer Big Data, London, UK / Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Systems Administrator, New York, NY, USA
- Senior Engineer – Search Recommendations, Boston, MA, USA
… and also in the news
Posted on behalf of Lena Reinhard.