Your CouchDB Weekly News are back! After dealing with some technical issues and moving to this website, CouchDB’s official new blog, we’re back. All great CouchDB content you’re used to, including release notes, reports and Weekly News, now in a beautiful, mobile-friendly new design. You’ll find all older content by accessing the side bar on the left of this page or using the search mask. In this release of the Weekly News, we also added a bit older content to give you an update on what happened in the past weeks.
We’re looking forward to continuing giving you always the latest news from CouchDB and its friends on this website, and we’d love to hear your opinions in the comments. If you like CouchDB and these posts, we’re happy if you share them. And: relax! – It’s CouchDB.
The CouchDB Marketing Team
Apache CouchDB 1.6.0 released
This is a feature release. Download link | Release notes
Weekly CouchDB meeting – (held on June 25; summary)
- 1.6.0 released: We encourage you to get your own CouchDB upgrade here
- Welcome new committer: Lena Reinhard has been elected as a new CouchDB Committer
- BigCouch merge: The merge has been done, currently .couch file migrations are being tested from 1.1.2 onwards for the latest point releases. See the call for help with testing and details about the testing procedure here.
- CouchDB Blog: There’ll be a new CouchDB Blog soon (see email)
- L10n (Localisation): Help with translation of CouchDB docs is highly appreciated! See “get involved” section below for details
- AdvocateHub: The Marketing Team is planning the implementation of a new tool for community care, a timeline has been drafted (see email)
Fauxton Dashboard (see thread)
We’re about to start working on adding Show + List functions into the Fauxton Dashboard. If there is anything you would like to see added in the functionality, please let us know on dev@ mailing list.
How to get the BigCouch Merge + Fauxton running for testing (see thread)
How to get the BigCouch branch and Fauxton running for testing. The detailed description can be found here. Please help us with the tests, and post any bugs you notice to dev@ Mailing List. Your help is highly appreciated.
Badmatch on initial config file password (see thread)
There has been a problem setting the initial admin password. The issue has been fixed.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couch.go – CouchDB Adapter for Go. Supports BulkSave and emulates couch.js API; a discussion about it can be found here
- Cloudant Query – offering a declarative way to define and query indexes on the database. For more information, see also this post.
- PouchDB got a flood of new plugins and plugin rewrites recently (e.g. all-dbs, list, show, validation, update, rewrite, quick search plugins) and the plugins page has been re-organized
- pouchdb-validation 1.1.2 – A PouchDB plugin that allows you to re-use your CouchDB validate_doc_update functions on the client side
- couch-db 1.1.1 – extendable couchdb client for nodejs, with convenient apis
- CouchImport – for importing csv data into CouchDB / Cloudant | Release Notes
- common-couch 0.0.6 – sync couchdb design documents to and from local files as requirable, testable commonJS modules
- connect-couchdb 1.0.0 – CouchDB session store for Connect
- pouchdb-req-http-query 0.1.3 – Given a CouchDB request object, make a similar http request on a given PouchDB database
- pouchdb-list 1.0.2 – A PouchDB plug-in that allows you to re-use your CouchDB list functions on the client side
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- 12 pro tips for better code with PouchDB
- Podcast: Ghostalk Episode 18 i.a. about CouchDB
- Nice Cloud, no rain: Using Cloudant/couchDB with Python on Bluemix
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: ionic-pouchdb-todo – Ionic Todo app with a PouchDB local storage backend configured to sync with a CouchDB installation
- Stack Overflow: How to return an JSON object I made in a reduce function
- Stack Overflow: Get rid of CORS in CouchDB?
- Stack Overflow: Advice on querying cloudant database based on geo in python
- Stack Overflow: couchdb view query based on multiple fieds
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB reduce error?
- Stack Overflow: Most efficient way to create couchdb views
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: couchdb/nano ejs template cannot call forEach undefined
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB replication super sluggish and incomplete
- Stack Overflow: Does CouchDB getting cursor when requesting similar MongoDB?
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- Help test BigCouch file migration for .couch files with your personal databases – you’ll find all details on the testing procedure here
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you!
- July 10, Berlin, Germany – Time to Relax! CouchDB Hack Night
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Software Engineer, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Network Engineer (Linux), San Francisco Bay Area, USA
- Hacker in Residence, New York, NY, USA
- Open Source Developer (PHP), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- Sr. Engineer- Search-Recommendations, Boston, MA, USA
- Angular / Node.js Developer, New York, NY, USA
- Data Scientist, Business Systems, Palo Alto or San Francisco, CA, USA
- Lead Java Developer, Greater Seattle Area, USA