BigCouch Merge needs you (see thread)
Regarding the merge of BigCouch, everyone was asked to start or continue testing and provide feedback if there were any blockers from merging BigCouch to master (see issue). After the merge, some work will have to be done towards the next release. If there are no more objections or blocking technical issues, the merge is supposed to be done on Thursday, July 10.
Is there a way to replicate n documents from database A to another database B? (see thread)
Answer: You can specify a set of document IDs to replicate. And you can get a set of document IDs from _all_docs?limit=n. You’ll just need to extract the doc IDs from the _all_docs response, and put them into the request to _replicate.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-lucene 1.0 – enables full-text searching of CouchDB documents using Lucene Release Notes)
- couchdb-objects 1.0.3 – aids in the construction of JSON objects as used by CouchDB
- pouchdb-req-http-query 0.1.6 – given a CouchDB request object, make a similar http request on a given PouchDB database
- pouchdb-validation 1.1.5 – a PouchDB plugin that allows you to re-use your CouchDB validate_doc_update functions on the client side
- cloudant-user 0.0.1 – helper module to use standard CouchDB _users DB on a Cloudant DB
- couchbeam 1.0.7 – HTTP CouchDB client for Erlang applications, now using latest hackney (Release Notes)
- Travis supports CouchDB 1.5 now (was v1.3 before)
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Stack Overflow: How to host CouchDB database?
- Stack Overflow: In Couchdb, if I have a key with empty value in some of the documents?
- Stack Overflow: Save many records to CouchDB in Node.js
- Stack Overflow: My couchdb view is rebuilding for no reason
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB as windows service – remote access
- Stack Overflow: Is it possible to delete documents in Apache CouchDB’s temporary view?
- Stack Overflow: How can I upload a picture in CouchDB and retrieve it
no public answer yet:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- Help test BigCouch file migration for .couch files with your personal databases – you’ll find all details on the testing procedure here
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you!
- July 10, Berlin, Germany – Time to Relax! CouchDB Hack Night
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Software Engineer, Backend, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Backend Integration Engineer, Zurich, Switzerland
- Senior Backend Developer, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Server Developer, Gainesville, FL, USA