Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- is-couch 0.3.0 – checks if CouchDB is running
- recumbent 0.1.0 – CouchDB client for Node.js
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- A CouchDB Replication Endpoint in PHP (talk video)
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: Using Nginx as reverse proxy to establish SSL connection to CouchDB
- Discussion: Is CouchDB a good database choice for a blog?
- Stack Overflow: PouchDB to CouchDB replication Ionic app
- Stack Overflow: Map and reduce functions in CouchDB-Python
- Stack Overflow: How to find particular json document from CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: bulk retrieve in CouchDB?
- Stack Overflow: couchdb-python specify own _id failed
No public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB: Login with “Remember me” function
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB local.ini log setting getting overwritten
- Stack Overflow: Recommended settings for connection and socket timeouts for CouchDb Etcorp client
- Stack Overflow: How to get all revisions document with single request in CouchDB?
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you on board!
- November 17, Denver, CO, USA, HTML5 Denver Users Group: Creating CouchDB Apps
- November 17-21, Budapest, Hungary: ApacheCon EU 2014 with an entire CouchDB Track
- Announcement: CouchDB Day 2015, Hamburg, Germany; pre-registration is already open
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Java Back-End Engineer, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Senior Software Engineer – Node.js, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Software Engineer PHP/Python, New York, NY, USA
- Senior DevOps Engineer, New York, NY, USA
- Senior Software Engineer, New York, NY, USA
- Senior QA Engineer, Alpharetta, GA, USA
Time to relax!
- “It was my younger daughter, Emily, who brought this to my attention. We work together. ‘Dad,’ she has said to me countless times in recent years, ‘you don’t always have to be accomplishing stuff. It’s fine to just do something purely because you enjoy doing it.” – What I learned on my Vacation
- “This is a love letter to a machine. It’s not quite the love Joaquin Phoenix felt in ‘Her,’ last year’s Spike Jonze film about a lonely man’s romantic relationship with his intelligent operating system (played by the voice of Scarlett Johansson). But it’s close. In a world where the commonly held wisdom is that technology isolates us, it’s worth considering another side of the story.” – To Siri, with Love: How one Boy with Autism became BFF with Apple’s Siri
… and also in the news
- Good Tech Lead, Bad Tech Lead
- The npm Registry Roadmap
- “That moment! Initial CouchDB view indexing time went from 513s to 96s (-81%) “simply” by porting js code to Erlang. relax!” (@llabball, on Twitter)
Is there a way to access couch db record using angular js without curl ???