Filtering Documents (see thread)
Question: A user is storing workorder documents in CouchDB and as an output, they create a list of workorders that users can filter based on fields. For filtering, they’ve been using elasticsearch instead of CouchDB and are now looking for additional ways to handle the filtering.
Answers & approaches:
- Implementing the filtering on the client-side (e.g. the browser)
- enabling multirange-queries in CouchDB (currently available in the Master-branch and in CouchDB 2.0, see issue)
- using CouchDB-Lucene
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- boxspring 0.0.13 – a collection of Backbone Model classes for interacting with CouchDB compatible with Browser and Server-Side execution
- Wilt – browser-based CouchDB client written in Dart | Release Package in Dart ecosystem | API Docs
- MyCouch – New fix release | Release Notes | Release Comment)
- pouchdb-replication-stream 0.1.0 – PouchDB/CouchDB replication as a stream
- pouchdb-dump-cli 1.0.0 – Tool to dump a PouchDB/CouchDB database
- nano 5.12.0 – minimalistic CouchDB driver for Node.js
- all-dbs-changes – changes feed for CouchDB’s _all_dbs Database
- dimensional_pouch 1.0.0 – stay synchronized with a remote CouchDB instance, automagically
- couch-cli 0.0.10 – a little CLI tool for CouchDB webapps
- New in StackEdit 4.3: sync/share your markdown documents via CouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- Is it time to move your database to the cloud?
- Read Erlang In Anger – a free ebook about real-world Erlang, from reading code, to diagnosing production problems, from the author of LYSE
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: Adding a GitHub repository to QuickCheck-CI using CouchDB
- Use Case: How to develop a Stratos docker cartridge for CouchDB
- Stack Overflow: How to POST queries to couchdb-lucene
- Stack Overflow: CouchDB Exported file won’t import back into database
- Stack Overflow: Hapi.js, CouchDB and trouble handling AuthSession token
- Stack Overflow: How to install CouchDB plugin/daemon like couchperuser
- Stack Overflow: How to ease CouchDB read/write restrictions on _users database
- Stack Overflow: Atomicy of Add operation in Couchbase (Java SDK)
No public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: Good workflow to ensure security for CouchDB CouchApps
- Stack Overflow: Check other documents inside of CouchDb validation function
- Stack Overflow: Concatenating vars in CouchDB rewriting
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to have you on board!
- Ben Bastian (IRC nick: sagelywizard, Twitter: @sagelywizard) has been elected as a CouchDB committer. Welcome to CouchDB, Ben!
- October 20, Copenhagen, Denmark: NoSQL User Group
- November 17, Denver, CO, USA, HTML5 Denver Users Group: Creating CouchDB Apps
- November 17-21, Budapest, Hungary: ApacheCon EU 2014 with an entire CouchDB Track
- Announcement: CouchDB Day 2015, Hamburg, Germany
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Manager, Software Development, Atlanta, GA, USA
Time to relax!
- “Occasionally I get myself to a point where I feel completely overwhelmed by a large number of things causing me anxiety. When I’m in the midst of it, the feeling is like being mentally DDoS’d—I can’t even make progress on one of the things I’m anxious about because thoughts and worries about the others keep flooding in.” – Overwhelmed? Make a list of anxieties as questions, then forget them
- A talk on mindfulness from Jon Kabat-Zinn at Google’s Tech talks in 2007 (video)