CouchDB Weekly Meeting (see summary)
- CouchDB 2.0 status: work is making progress. There’s still a list of missing steps and blockers – any help with is always extremely welcome!
- CouchDB Logo vote: the vote is ongoing
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC): discussions with GSoC participants
- Other topics: see summary
[VOTE] CouchDB Logo – Round #3 (ongoing, SEE THREAD)
The third round to vote on the CouchDB logo is still ongoing. The options to vote for are:
- Paul Davis
- Nick Pavlica
- Brad Noble
- Sean Barclay (Logo 1, Logo 2, Logo 3)
- Constantin Angheloiu
- Old logo
Please send your votes (+1 / 0 / -1) for each proposed candidate, so we can get an impression of which one(s) the community members like and which they don’t. The vote is open for non-committers as well.
Can replication be setup between different CouchDB versions? (see thread)
Question: A user asked if it’s possible to setup replication between different CouchDB versions, e.g. 1.2 and 1.6?
Answer: yes, it’s possible. It wouldn’t need special operations or setup to let it work from the start. Compaction of databases and views wouldn’t harm though, and would ensure that all the new format features are being applied.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-fixture 0.1.0 – initialize a couchdb database with fixtures meant for use with mocha
- flynn-book-scanner – a book scanner app for iOS and Android using Ionic, PouchDB, and CouchDB
- angular-eha.couchdb-auth 0.1.3 – CouchDB auth wrapper
- smartdb 1.2.2 – CouchDB library with advanced entity and cache support
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- Egocentric Architecture (slides from presentation at ApacheCon NA 2015)
Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Tutorial: Couchapps: How to write a secure web application using CouchDB only as a 3-Tier Single Server
- Stack Overflow
no public answer yet:
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- April 30, Boston: CouchDB Catchup
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- IT Systems Administrator, UK
- Backend Web-Developer, Austria
- UI Engineer, Spain
Time to relax!
- “There is no reason to be depressed or give up simply because you will make a few wrong choices. Even more crucial, you must try your best every time because it is the effort and the practice that drives the learning process. They are essential, even if you fail.” – Your first choice is rarely the optimal choice: 5 lessons on being wrong
- “How many times do we have to tell these stories before they become real — before we all agree that this is a problem, and more than that, agree to do something about it?” – Beyond Storytelling: Actionable Ways to Help with Tech’s “Woman Problem”
- “Developing multiple areas of knowledge in a limited line of work doesn’t make you a polymath – it just makes you a different kind of employee.” – The Full-Stack Employee and The Glorification of Generalization
- “If you are a man, you are part of rape culture. I know … that sounds rough. You’re not a rapist, necessarily. But you do perpetuate the attitudes and behaviors commonly referred to as rape culture. You may be thinking, ‘Now, hold up, Zaron! You don’t know me, homey! I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let you say I’m some sorta fan of rape. That’s not me, man!’ I totally know how you feel. That was pretty much exactly my response when someone told me I was a part of rape culture.” – A Gentlemen’s Guide To Rape Culture
… and also in the news
- “jeez, just replicated a couchDB to a pouchDB for the 1st time. what a breeeeeeeeze.” (@fabianmu, on Twitter)