CouchDB Weekly Meeting (see summary)
The fixing party will be held every week – until done – on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 19:00 UTC, in the IRC #couchdb-dev room.
- Fauxton: The team has been working on a notification center that logs all the notifications displayed on the dashboard and this is a prototype.
Is your business build on CouchDB? (see thread)
Robert Kowalski is collecting companies who use CouchDB, in order to:
- showcase logos and user stories of successful CouchDB development for a new website on http://couchdb.apache.org
- solicit private feedback about making CouchDB better
- help companies to hire experienced CouchDB developers
- identify new CouchDB core contributors from other companies
[ANNOUNCE] CouchApp ML (see thread)
There ow is an official mailing list for all discussions around CouchApp! To subscribe, write to email@example.com. Everyone who is interested in the feature, likes to its discuss future developments and perspectives, is very welcome to join. Further information for everyone interested in the topics and discussions around it, find this article on Medium: “Applications in CouchDB”.
CouchDB / NoSQL Benchmarking (ongoing, see THREAD)
Previously shared: A CouchDB user created a tool for benchmarking and would like some feedback from the community. The github project can be found here. For further insights, this and the following thread, where he separately shares his test results.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- stable couchapp (1.0.1 from 2011) – Windows Installer based on 1.0.1 release.
- spawn-pouchdb-server 3.3.0 – Configurable per-app pouchdb-server as a drop-in replacement for CouchDB
- couchdb-cors-config 1.1.0 – CouchDB CORS configuration
- Wilt 3.1.2 – both a browser and server based CouchDB client library
- couchdb-mkdb 0.0.1 – Utility to create CouchDB databases easier.
- well-groomed-feast 5.2.2 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- on-the-couch 0.0.1 – CouchDB client with promises
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Article] “Clustered CouchDB R/W Behavior”, IBM Cloud Data Services Dev
- [Speaker Deck] Introduction to CouchDB and installation
- [Speaker Deck] Melbourne Meteor Meetup CouchDB and Meteor – Peter Ilfrich on using CouchDB in your Meteor app
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: [Webcast] CouchDB Attach Files to Document
- Stack Overflow: How to/Can we apply a “limit” when we use replication in Cloudant?
- Remote access to CouchDB not working
- External process to handle CouchDB notification causes crash
- How to handle users in `_users` database with many applications in the same CouchDB instance?
no public answer yet:
- Stack Overflow: Implement user read authentication on CouchDB website
- Stack Overflow: How to validate read and secure documents in CouchDB?
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Is there a way to get all revisions of a document in PouchDB when using the change feed?
- Unable to store image in PouchDB–Ionic/AngularJS/PouchDB
no public answer yet:
- Offline data with Cordova and PouchDB
- Post from PouchDB to CouchDB via IIS ARR reverse proxy ends with 502.3 (Bad Gateway)
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 21, Springbrook, AUS: CouchDB and PouchDB Sessionat CamJS VI
- November 24, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- DevOpsEngineer, Remote
- Technical Architect – Cloud Technologies, Milwaukee (WI), US
- Engineering Team Lead – Insights Visualization, Boston (MA), US
- Engineering Team Lead – Core Platform, Boston (MA), US
- Principal Engineer, Software, San Diego (CA), US
- Senior Software Engineer, Solr, San Fransisco (CA), US
- Hadoop JAVA/HIVE/Impala developer, Darmstadt, Germany
- DevOps Engineer (m/w), Hannover, Germany
- Professional Services Consultant, London, UK
Time to relax!
- “Ditto wants to create a safe community where a large variety of topics can be discussed. Great discussion doesn’t require personal attacks, or extremely harsh or offensive comments, so Ditto wants to do without them. Ditto is brand new, and we could use your help in our first public testing phase. While creation of public communities will be disabled during the testing phases, we’d like to know what communities you think should be included on Ditto.” – Introducing Ditto: A Link Aggregator For An Inclusive Community
- “…, while some people may read to escape, marginalized youth read to be affirmed. That affirmation comes not from sanitizing their lives but depicting the fullness of their humanity. Telling the truth about their issues — both personal and political — honors their resilience and sends the message that they, too, can thrive.” – How Walter Dean Myers Taught Me to Stop Writing White
- “I think people should be able to interact with whomever they please without being judged by people for using a smartphone to do so.” – Stop saying technology is causing social isolation
- “But other people, as it turns out, actually aren’t thinking about us quite as judgmentally or intensely as we tend to anticipate. Not nearly, in fact. There’s a long line of research that shows how consistently and regularly we overestimate others’ interest in our affairs.” – Why you should really start doing more things alone