MapReduce in CouchDB (see thread)
Release of AvanceDB – an open source high performance MapReduce engine designed to work with CouchDB. Find a demo here and an introduction to the project here.
CouchDB 1.7.0 Roadmap (see thread)
Dev@ mailing lists discusses the steps for 1.7 to be released this year!
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- ObjectiveCloudant 0.2.0 – Applications use objective-cloudant to store, index and query remote JSON data on Cloudant or CouchDB.
- well-groomed-feast 6.1.0 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- couchdb-mkdb 2.0.0 – Utility to create CouchDB databases easier.
- kudu-db-couch 0.1.0 – A CouchDB adapter for [Kudu][kudu] applications.
- couchdb-dump 2.0.0 – Same basic concept as mysqldump, but for CouchDB
- pouch-remote-stream 0.2.0 – PouchDB remote stream
- pouch-stream-tests 0.2.0 PouchDB stream tests 0.2.0
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Podcast] Garren Smith on the ZADevChat podcast # 17: NoSQL, new features in CouchDB 2.0, PouchDB, CouchDB and offline development and what it’s like being part of the CouchDB community. (via @GarrenSmith)
- [Article] “Rediscovering CouchDB”
- [Article] “Light learning into CouchDB”
- [Medium Post] “A possible ecosystem for CouchDB applications”
- [Post] “CouchDB, the Cluster of unreliable commodity hardware”
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Article] Cross Platform Storage and Sync with Ionic Framework, Couchbase, and PouchDB
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: [Webcast] CouchDB Datbase with Python
- What could make upload speeds vastly differ in CouchDB vs Apache?
- Which directory should I place my JSON file, in order to import it into CouchDB?
- CouchDB with Erlang version 18?
- How can I get and show data from CouchDB Cloudant with pure NodeJS?
no public answer yet(Stack Overflow (Stack Overflow):
- CouchDB Server Installation Unmet Dependecies – Broken Packages
- CouchDB get results within timestamp
- CouchDB map/reduce aggregate
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Use Case: [Webcast] Sync Data Using PouchDB In Your Ionic Framework App
- Where is Firefox pouchdb-inspector?
- PouchDB – get all data from database
- PouchDB: Multiple documents with attachments
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
- PouchDB bulk and synch finished – What would be the best way to broadcast the end of the synchronization for this bulk operation?
- PouchDB sync is taking more time for records like 5000
- large user data stored in local by PouchDB, how about the efficiency and limits
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 21, Springbrook, AUS: CouchDB and PouchDB Sessionat CamJS VI
- November 24, Hamburg, Germany: CouchDB Meetup
- December 9, Portland (OR), US: Node.js Interactive 2015, Bradley Holt “Offline First Apps with PouchDB”
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- CouchDB Cassandra Kafka Storm SOLR Lead OR Architect, Irving (TX) US
- Ruby-Developer (m/w) Backend, Cologne, Germany
- Scala/Java Backend Developer (m/f), Munich, Germany
- DevOps Engineer (Remote), New Hope (MN), US
- Senior Software Engineer- Middle Tier – R1Soft, Houston (TX), US
- Senior Software developer (m/f) databases, Vienna, Austria
Time to relax!
- “As people whose job it is to literally change reality by building systems that are made of language, programmers know that language shapes reality, even as they dismiss criticism of their language as triviality or as “political correctness..” – Gendered Language: Feature or Bug in Software Documentation?
- “When everyone is optimizing for money, the effects on society are horrific. It produces graphs that are up and to the right for all the wrong reasons.…Don’t sink into the morass of “industry standards.” Don’t succumb to the inertia of the status quo. Don’t stop exploring new ideas. A small number of people can change how society works. It’s happened before and it will happen again.” – Resist and Thrive
- “’You don’t pay attention because you should, you pay attention because you can’t help it.’” – What making music does to your brain
- “Shielding kids from the Internet may work for a time, but once they do get online, limiters’ kids often lack the skills and habits that make for consistent, safe, and successful online interactions.” – Parents: Reject Technology Shame
- “Because if both the protesters and the Person of Stature are seen as having free speech, then this becomes a “marketplace of ideas” issue, and your readers will then feel entitled to make up their own minds as to who is in the right and who is in the wrong. And you can’t let this happen, because you have already decided this for them!” – How to Write a “Political Correctness Run Amok” Article
… and also in the news
- “Looks like it’s working” (see gif, via @kentcdodds on twitter)
- “This desk changes colors I want it, green means sure sure maybe I will merge your PR, red means not even if pigs fly” (see image, via @frazelledazzell on twitter)
- [Clip] What if all the action heroes were girls?
- Missy Elliott is back!