License Certificate for JetBrains RubyMine
Most kindly JetBrains will hand out an OpenSource license for RubyMine IDE to everyone actively contributing or committing to CouchDB. If you are interested reach out to Andy ( email@example.com ). Thank you JetBrains!
Deprecate global functions in query server (see thread)
In response to a preceding issue, on the dev@ mailing list it is being discussed, whether and how to reduce functions in the global context for PouchDB. To simplify writing unit tests for views, or to avoid trouble with other methods, it was suggested to “deprecate their usage as global in 2.0 and add one more argument for each design function …”
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-remove-conflicts 1.0.0 – CLI tool to remove all conflicts from a CouchDB database
- couchdb-configur 1.5.0 – Configure CouchDB from file or directory.
- couchdb-bootstrap 1.12.0 – Bootstrap projects: configure CouchDB, setup security, deploy ddocs and create users.
- hoodie-server-account 1.3.0 – Account REST API backed by CouchDB
- blue-cot 1.0.2 – bluebird promise-based CouchDB library with no surprises (in a good way)
- pouchdb-find 0.8.0 – Easy-to-use query language for PouchDB
- pouchdb-lunr 0.1.1 – Some PouchDB sugar around lunr.js
- redux-pouch 1.1.0 – PouchDB backed redux
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Article] “Sustainable Open Source”, Jan Lehnardt
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Article] “A look under the covers of PouchDB-find”, Garren Smith
- [Post] ”Building realtime collaborative offline-first apps with React, Redux, PouchDB and WebSockets”, YLD Blog
- hospitalrun.io to use PouhDB for offline-first App. Read further the HospitalRun Brief
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Swift: How to create CouchDB database and insert data to it in offline?
- How to Use CouchDB as local storage in android application
- (Cloudant DB Java API) Perform similar operation Select Distinct with WHERE clause
- How to pass message from one desktop application to another running on the same machine?
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Working apache lucene with PouchDB
- ReactJS components rendering wrong order
- Promise data not returned on device in Ionic app
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- December 9, Portland (OR), US: Node.js Interactive 2015, Bradley Holt “Offline First Apps with PouchDB”
- March 7-8, San Francisco (CA), US, O’Reilly Fluent Conference “Offline-first apps with PouchDB”, Bradley Holt
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Full-stack Rails developer, Cambridge (MA), US
- Senior Software Developer, Jersey City (NY), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI), US
Time to relax!
- “Despite this long record of failure, AGI must be possible. And that is because of a deep property of the laws of physics, namely theuniversality of computation. This entails that everything that the laws of physics require a physical object to do can, in principle, be emulated in arbitrarily fine detail by some program on a general-purpose computer, provided it is given enough time and memory. The first people to guess this and to grapple with its ramifications were the 19th-century mathematician Charles Babbage and his assistant Ada, Countess of Lovelace.” – The very laws of physics imply that artificial intelligence must be possible. What’s holding us up?
- [Podcast] “Rebecca Miller Webster created Write Speak Code for herself. She wanted a space that would encourage her to write more, speak more, and contribute to open source more. And in the process of creating that space for others, she grew herself, both as a person and a developer. In this interview, she talks about her experience putting on this conference and how it’s helped many others take bigger steps in their coding journeys.” – Codenewbie “Write Speak Code with Rebecca Miller Webster”
- “Saying you want to ‘fix’ diversity is like saying you want to ‘fix’ product. These are not simple, discrete tasks. If we could write a quick blog post that solved all the problems of diversity in tech, then we’d probably be millionaires.” – Want to Fix Diversity at Your Company?
- “In other words, gender on Twitter is determined by behaviors and interests. Though I usually speak to other women on Twitter, my follower ratio is said to be 77% male, though this is probably because my followers are interested in technology, and Twitter is presumably assigning that as a male interest.” – Your Twitter Gender Is Probably Male, Even If You’re Female
- “Because when a dark future seems all but inevitable, hoping for better seems like setting yourself up to get hurt. But the nature of utopia – the very meaning of the word – is that it is “no place”. The journey is more important than the destination, but without a destination in mind there is no journey.” – Utopia now: why there’s never been a more urgent time to dream of a better world
- “I want to make this absolutely clear; if you are running a woman in tech event because you care about gender diversity, you either have to explicitly state non-binary people are welcome or explain why they are not.” – On being non-binary in tech