global changes feed? (see thread)
A user wanted to know if the new version of CouchDB will have a feed displaying all changes of the ‘records’ in and across all the databases. A solution to this can be provided through update_notifications.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- ember-cli-deploy-couchdb 0.1.0-beta.1 – Ember CLI Deploy plugin for CouchDB.
- kudu-adapter-couch 0.4.1 – A CouchDB adapter for [Kudu][kudu] applications.
- couchdb-generate-session-id 1.0.3 – generates valid CouchDB session IDs using username, salt, secret & timestamp
- Clojure/Cluch – Using ClojureScript to write CouchDB views
- well-groomed-feast 6.4.0 – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB back-end
- persistent-redux 0.6.3 – Persist your Redux state with PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [Article] “How To Migrate from Iris Couch to IBM Cloudant” IBM developerworks
- [Blog Post] Offline Web Applications with CouchDB, PouchDB and Ember CLI, Gaslight
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [Speaker Deck] Offline-First Apps with PouchDB at Node.js Interactive, Bradley Holt
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to enable SSL on CouchDB running on Ubuntu?
- Invalid UTF-8 JSON when sorting a Cloudant/CouchDB search
- Sorting by a non-key (arbitrary) field in CouchDB
- Which method ideal to query Cloudant for latest doc having same value for a field and again filter on that result?
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- How to write PouchDB query with “like” as in SQL?
- PouchDB Find Plugin – How to use this plugin with similar to SQL LIKE %abc%?
no public answer yet (Stack Overflow):
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 09, Saint Louis (MO), US: Mobile & Web sync with CouchDB, Couchbase Lite, and PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Software developer (f/m) full time, Hamburg, Germany
- DevOps Engineer (Remote), New Hope (PA), US
- System\Software Application Developer, US
- Big Data Solutions Architect, London, UK
- Big Data Architect, London, UK
- Backend Developer – Support & QA, Berlin, Germany
Time to relax!
- “While women are mostly thought of as the target of online harassment, the three creators of the guide intentional about addressing intersectional issues. Bracey Sherman pointed to all of the anti-Muslim rhetoric currently flying around, noting, ‘We really wanted to talk about all of the ways in which all bodies—bodies of women, bodies of queer folks—really experience this online.’” – Anita Sarkeesian and others introduce a guide to protecting yourself online
- “The problem is that the idea that women are not as good is so deeply embedded in the mind of so many people in positions of power, that it is not even recognized. It’s a belief system that leads one to automatically and without awareness, connect ‘women’ with ‘lower standards” and ‘woman as good as a man’ with ‘the exception.’” – It’s Not Foot in Mouth Disease
- “This guy, in true ‘thinker’ fashion, has decided he knows how people who work on codes of conduct theorize and conceptualize them without apparently ever having talked to any of us.” – My “Theory” of Codes of Conduct
- “The shadow is everything about ourselves that we do not know or refuse to know, both dark and light. It is the sum total of the positive and negative traits, feelings, beliefs, and potentials we refuse to identify as our own. The shadow is that part of us that is incompatible with who we think we are or are supposed to be.” – Reboot Podcast, Reclaiming The Shadow – with Tracy Lawrence
- “It is not dependent on how many of your body parts are working “as expected”. It is not dependent on all of the expected ones even being present. You can have a chronic illness, a mental health issue, a disability, or a temporary injury. You are not broken. You are valuable the way you are.” – You matter.