Mango Catch All Selector (see thread)
The discussion continues on a proposed PR creating a patch which would allow people testing out Mango to receive all of the docs and allow them to filter later (instead of creating an index), which could lower the bar to entry with testing/usage.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudant 2.0.0b1 (Python) – Cloudant/CouchDB client library
- tmpfs/rlx – Command line interface for CouchDB
- couchrest 1.2.1 (Ruby Gem) – Simple interface on top of CouchDB’s RESTful HTTP API
- tangledfruit/rx-couch (Node) – RxJS-flavored APIs for CouchDB
- nmo 1.2.0 – NMO (pronounced nemo) is a command line client to work with CouchDB 2.0
- pouchdb-authentication-cloudant – PouchDB Authentication (Cloudant compatible)
- pouchdb-redux-helper – Helpers for working with PouchDB in React with Redux store
- ti.pouchdb – Titanium CommonJS Module for PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] How can data help a man run a 100 mile race? via Medium
- [INTERACTIVE] See how each githubbers language is bounded up with others (including CouchDB) via Graph Commons
- [VOLUNTEER] Submit your open source project to the Rails Girls Summer of Code
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- PouchDB is now an option to include as a library on jsbin.com!
- [SLIDES] Offline-First Apps with PouchDB at Codemash by Bradley Holt
- Sad news about David Bowie and PouchDB
- [GIF] How ionicframework can play nice with Slack API and PouchDB
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- PouchDB does not replicate all docs from the remote database
- Couchbase Sync Gateway: Multiple buckets per database
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- January 26, Hamburg, Germany: Mango (Less Talk, More Action!)
- February 09, St. Louis (MO) US: Mobile & Web sync with CouchDB, Couchbase Lite, and PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Server-Side Developer, Minneapolis (MN), US
- Senior Software Developer, Jersey City (NJ/Remote), US
- Developer, New York (NY), US
- DevOps Engineer, Novi (MI), US
- Scala/Java Backend Developer, Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “Feel this incredible, intelligent, regenerative machine you’re at the controls of. Move your fingers. Wiggle your toes. Open your eyes. If you’re walking, feel your body propel you forward — the numerous, uncountable moving parts all working in sync to get you where you’re going.” – Your body is an anchor to the present
- One of the most fundamental causes of our lack of work-life balance (aside from living far beyond our means and thinking it’s “success”) is that we prioritize work over our general well-being. If you’re rolling your eyes because people who take mental health days, prefer sleep to answering early morning emails, and aren’t completely devoted to their desk jobs don’t succeed, it’s a matter of how you define a “good life.” – 4 Reasons Why You Should Make More Time to Relax
- “Any book can be a self-help book!” – 17 Inspirational New Year’s Reads for the Self-Help Skeptic
- “At the heart of any creative endeavor often lies fear; fear of missing an opportunity, of burning out, of not scaling, or fear of failure. In this presentation, Mindfulness Everywhere Director Gunatillake reminds us of the humanity in an often cold business world—and how to never lose sight of the fact that there is another human being at the other end of the screen.” – [VIDEO] You Are Not Your Work
- “In psychology, the idea that everyone is like us is called the ‘false-consensus bias.’ This bias often manifests itself when we see TV ratings (‘Who the hell are all these people that watch NCIS?’) or in politics (‘Everyone I know is for stricter gun control! Who are these backwards rubes that disagree?!’) or polls (‘Who are these people voting for Ben Carson?’).” – The “Other Side” is Not Dumb
… and also in the news
- Elephant in the Valley: Women in Tech
- The Top 50 White Guys Of 2015
- The New Normal: Codes of Conduct in 2015 and Beyond
- This wearable project adds a GPS receiver, an OLED screen and a WiFi-enabled microcontroller to a Darth Vader mask to make a Star Wars-themed geocaching GPS device.
- 60% of senior women in the tech industry say they’ve experienced unwanted sexual advances at work
- How to write support emails that your customers will love
- Enjoy this interactive history lesson