Applied for official Docker image (see thread)
Feedback on the official Docker image application is coming in, but we could still use your feedback too.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- ember-cli-deploy-couchdb (Node) – An ember-cli-deploy plugin to upload files to CouchDB.
- ansible-couchdb2 – Ansible role to deploy CouchDB 2.0 on CentOS.
- couchdb-user-account (Node) – A CouchDB user account library for user per database pattern.
- pouchdb-pouchdb 5.2.1 – Fixes include global PouchDB object usage among others.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [BLOG] How to stress test CouchDB with Gatling (and code here), Guillaume Belrose
- [BLOG] Understanding CouchDB 2.0 and Cloudant’s indexing behavior in a cluster, Mike Rhodes
- [BLOG] Develop locally with Liberty and Cloudant, Frederic Lavigne
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [VIDEO] Create an AngularJS Web Application That Sync’s With Couchbase Using PouchDB, Nic Raboy
- [TUTORIAL] Create Offline application in SAPUI5 (using PouchDB), SAPUI5 Developer Center
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB get all databases and their last changes
- CouchDB include document in index if count of array field is greater than 0
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB – Need a better view than the built in one
- CouchDB – Get custom fields within_users for replication filtering
- Can’t access CouchDB Futon app with external URL
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- Ionic PouchDB SQLte plugin issue
- Use PouchDB as embedded database within phonegap app
- Using design documents in PouchDB with crypto-pouch
- Using PouchDB with crypto-pouch in Ionic
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- February 05, Chicago (IL), US: Cloud DB Day Chicago
- February 25, Montreal, Canada: Offline-First Apps with PouchDB
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
Time to relax!
- “I like to consider myself scientific. The idea of meditation was pretty much the embodiment of everything I hated. One time during my second year at University, my seminar leader instructed the class to sit on the ground, shut our eyes and indulge in some shared meditation. I was furious. My friend (of course he was Californian) loved it. Looking back on it now, he was right. The thing is, I didn’t know how to let go.” – How Mindfulness is Helping Me Relax
- “We prize multitaskers for their capacity to juggle. We strive to be more like them. The truth is that most of us have no idea anymore how to uni-task, which is a fancy way of saying focus on Just. One. Thing. This loss is hurting us. Our brains simply aren’t designed to take in so much disparate information at once.” – How to stop multitasking and relax
- “Modern working patterns, and in particular our use of technology such as smartphones, make it harder to establish clear boundaries between our work and personal lives. We are constantly bombarded with sensory information and exposed to global events in an instant. When coupled with greater demands on our time and less time for ourselves, this gradually can lead to stress or burnout.” – How to deal with stress and relax, according to a psychologist
- “Overexposure to technology and media can shut off humans from one another, decreasing meaningful interactions, Hanamean said.
‘I think they have done a bunch of psychological studies about being indoors a ton and being so enraptured with technology. It just kind of deadens you to the world,’ Hanamean said. ‘I think being outside in nature refreshes that spirit of, ‘Hey, let’s be people;’ let’s have these interpersonal connections and it gets you back to your roots.’” – Outdoor activity linked to improvements in emotional health
- “Contrary to popular belief, the perfect nap doesn’t need to be long — but it must be consistent, quick, and in the dark. The power nap (10 to 20 minutes) is ideal for a boost in focus and productivity, according to a 2012 study. Researchers found the 10-minute nap produced immediate improvements in sleep latency, sleepiness, fatigue, vigor, and cognitive performance.” – Nap Time: Studies show afternoon naps help improve emotional health, memory