The 2016 Annual Apache CouchDB User Survey
Please help us make CouchDB better and take the 2016 Annual* Apache CouchDB User Survey now. (*First annual, that is.)
The CouchDB 2.0 Release Testing Plan
Interested in helping out with testing the upcoming Apache CouchDB 2.0 release and making sure it is as bug-free as possible? Review The CouchDB 2.0 Testing Release Plan.
CouchDB + Docker
ICYMI: CouchDB now has an Official Docker image! Many thanks to Clemens Stolle for making this happen!
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb-indexer 0.1.1 (Node) – Create or update indexes for all of your CouchDB via a single command / call.
- couch2elastic4sync 3.2.0 (Node) – Sync CouchDB data to elasticsearch.
- jwt-couchdb 1.0.0 (Node) – JWT endpoint to authenticate users and create JSON Web Tokens out of the CouchDB’s session API
- rx-couch 1.5.1 (Node) – RxJS-flavored APIs for CouchDB
- spicy-action 5.1.0 (Node) – HTTP(S) proxy & Socket.IO relay for CouchDB and others
- update-couch-designs 0.4.1 (Node) – A utility to create / update design documents on a CouchDB database, and index their views with zero downtime.
- cradle-pouchdb-server 0.7.1 (Node) – Cradle CouchDB client fixed to work with PouchDB server
- hawkify-pouchdb 1.0.1 (Node) – Make PouchDB HTTP requests use Hawk authentication.
- pouchy 6.2.0 (Node) – A simple, opinionated interface for the amazing PouchDB
- purescript-pouchdb (Node + Hapi) – PouchDB Bindings for PureScript
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Offline Mobile Web App Technique, Sylvain Chavanne
- [ISSUE] Get started with Hoodie + CouchDB with this starter issue, Hoodie
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Running PouchDB in a Web Worker, Glynn Bird
- [SLIDES] Offline-First Apps with PouchDB at ConFoo, Bradley Holt
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- ServerLess Auth with CouchDB, Aristides Staffieri
no public answer yet:
- Query CouchDB to retrieve specific views
- Can you use CouchDB ‘document update handlers’ with replication?
- Python CouchDB script consuming too much memory…
- Rewrite URLs in CouchDB/PouchDB-Server
- Using nock to mimic multiple CouchDB requests
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- Create PouchDB txt file for offline app
- Ionic + PouchDB + Sqlite not working, with build warnings
- How to encrypt a PouchDB database
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- March 31, Boston (MA), US: New England Software Engineers – “Offline First” Night
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Principal Software Engineer, Annapolis Junction (MD), US
- Code Mangler/ Balloon Artist/ Monkey Trainer, Brandon, (FL) US
- Senior Software Developer, Jersey City (NJ) US/Remote
- Senior Software Engineer – PHP, Westwood (KS), US
- Software Developer for Scala and .NET, Ludenscheid, Germany
- Full Stack Ruby-on-Rails Engineer, San Diego (CA), US
- Sr. Big-Data Software Engineer Lead, Foster City (CA), US
- Software Designer III, Washington, DC, US
Time to relax!
- “What she’s already discovered is that low-frequency noise may be the most insidious. The subway train rolling underneath one’s feet, the airplane taking off, an idling diesel truck or city bus—these are the frequencies that are often more of a vibration than an audible sound, she says. ‘The type that rattles inside of my bones.’” – How City Noise Affects Residents’ Health
- “Did you know skipping a workout can be beneficial to your health? Or that, sometimes, procrastination can lead to a creative end product? Oh, you didn’t? Then watch the video and find out how these bad habits can be good.” – 7 More Bad Habits That Are Actually Good For You
- “By relaxing we help revitalize our minds and bodies to take on the next day’s challenges. Maybe you should schedule a relaxing time every day, but most of us don’t think about it until we finally lay down in bed to go to sleep.” – Discover inexpensive ways to relax
- “Researchers already know that stress—and the negative emotions tied to it—can increase your risk of heart disease, but no one knows exactly why that’s the case. Researchers believe one potential cause might be that stress throws off your nervous system, which in turn throws off your cardiovascular system.” – Relax: Stress Won’t Kill You – But Your Reaction Might
- “Like all alcohol, there is still a thing as too much gin. All alcohol leads to weight gain and liver disease, among other health problems. And that will always remain the same, I am afraid. But here’s why it’s actually okay to drink gin and tonic or martinis (in moderation) immediately.” – 5 reasons why gin could be good for you