The 2016 Annual Apache CouchDB User Survey
Please help us make CouchDB better and take the 2016 Annual* Apache CouchDB User Survey now. (*First annual, that is.)
The CouchDB 2.0 Release Testing Plan
Interested in helping out with testing the upcoming Apache CouchDB 2.0 release and making sure it is as bug-free as possible? Review The CouchDB 2.0 Testing Release Plan.
PouchDB Google Groups
These PouchDB questions related to the Thali project (p2p Cordova-based sync library), have gone unanswered for quite sometime so if you’re available to dig in and help answer some, Nolan would definitely appreciate it!
- PouchDB 5.3.0: SQLite support in Node – Now, in addition to the LevelDB-based LevelDOWN (or any other *DOWN adapter), you can now also use sqlite3, via PouchDB’s WebSQL adapter.
Proposal for a new and powerful “keymask” option in views (see thread)
If you haven’t yet read through this brief thread (it’s short and sweet!), check out the proposed use case for new keymask options in views.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- clusers 1.0.0 (Node) – Make CouchDB style _users Users on Cloudant
- couch2elastic4sync 3.3.0 (Node) – Sync couchdb data to elasticsearch.
- couchdb-jwt 3.0.2 (Node) – A Node.js server for managing CouchDB authentication through JSON Web Tokens.
- leanback 0.5.3 (Ruby Gems) – Simple Ruby interface to CouchDB
- node-red-contrib-couchdb 0.0.1 (Node) – A node-red CouchDB node.
- relax-model 2.3.0 (Node) – CouchDB data models with declarative validation
- rewrite-url-follower 1.0.1 (Node) – rewrite the URLs in CouchDB from one registry to another
- rx-couch 1.6.2 (Node) – RxJS-flavored APIs for CouchDB
- spicy-action 5.2.0 (Node) – HTTP(S) proxy & Socket.IO relay for CouchDB and others
- pouchdb-design 1.1.0 (Node) – Design doc helpers for PouchDB.
- react-native-pouchdb 0.0.3 (Node) – Hacky and mostly untested way to run PouchDB in react-native!
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [PODCAST] FLOSS Weekly 378: CouchDB 2.0 with Jan Lehnardt and Garren Smith
- [POST] Dump a doc from CouchDB with attachments, James Marca
- [OPINION] “…is responsible for providing connection for 40% of the world’s mobile internet.”
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [VIDEO] Startup or enterprise – Ionic + PouchDB/CouchDB – offline first approach, Marcin Wieprzkowicz of PrimeModule
- [DEMOS] Anyone struggling to use PouchDB with NW.js/Electron, Nolan Lawson updated the demo apps: Demo of using PouchDB in NW.js (aka Node-WebKit) and Electron “hello world” with PouchDB
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- hospitalrun-dblisteners – CouchDB listeners for HospitalRun.
- How to index multidimensional arrays in CouchDB
- How to get from CouchDB only certain fields of certain documents for a one request?
- Create CouchDB doc ID based upon user defined using AngularJS
- Can you specify a CouchDB replication filter on the receiving database?
no public answer yet:
- Can’t install express-user-couchdb – node-gyp/node-sass errors
- Creating user accounts & Login functionality in Cloudant/CouchDB
- How to reference images within html code which is a document CouchDB
- Faster way to create view on CouchDB
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
No public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- Multiple unique field constraints and eventual conflict resolution in PouchDB and Couchbase
- PouchDB allDocs returns undefined
- Display Data from CouchDB/PouchDB with KnockoutJS
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- March 31, Boston (MA), US: New England Software Engineers – “Offline First” Night
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Data Engineer, Portland (OR), US
- Principal Software Engineer, Annapolis Junction (MD), US
- Code Mangler/ Balloon Artist/ Monkey Trainer, Brandon, (FL) US
- Senior Software Engineer – PHP, Westwood (KS), US
- Full Stack Ruby-on-Rails Engineer, San Diego (CA), US
- Software Designer III, Washington, DC, US
Time to relax!
“‘Social support is probably the most potent buffer we know of against stress,’ said Ronald Smith, a psychology professor and the director of the clinical psychology program at the UW. Conversely, suppressing one’s feelings have a range of negative effects. ‘Done habitually, it has negative effects on social relationship: You don’t get this same level of intimacy in a relationship, it underlies greater risk of getting anxiety or depressive disorder,’” Smith said. – The healing power of storytelling
“…whether you iron your socks every Tuesday, have a passion for collecting Harry Styles memorabilia or simply love a good old line dancing sesh, embrace it….You special little thing you.” – What’s your weird hobby? 9 celebs who have brilliantly bizarre ways to relax…
“Several studies show that workplace stress not only hurts our health. It also costs employers about $200 billion per year in absenteeism, lower productivity, staff turnover, and other stress-related expenses.” – How to relieve stress at work
“You may think your bad posture is only affecting how tall you appear, but the scary truth is that it can affect both your physical and mental health.” – How Your Posture is Affecting Your Physical and Mental Health
- “…step by step, these natural exercises below can help renew a sense of purpose and reinvigorate your attitude toward certain areas of your life.” – 10 All-Natural Ways You Can Begin To Ease The Symptoms Of Depression