The 2016 Annual Apache CouchDB User Survey
Please help us make CouchDB better and take the 2016 Annual* Apache CouchDB User Survey now. (*First annual, that is.)
The CouchDB 2.0 Release Testing Plan
Interested in helping out with testing the upcoming Apache CouchDB 2.0 release and making sure it is as bug-free as possible? Review The CouchDB 2.0 Testing Release Plan.
- Clusers version 1.1.0 is now available. This release shifts from a single form for admin credentials and new user info into the more familiar “login first” pattern. Error and success information has also been better-ized!
Drupal + CouchDB (see thread)
Tim Millwood proposed a blog post discussing the current work being done to expose CouchDB compatible endpoints from Drupal (the PHP based CMS), to replicate content between Drupal sites using the replication.io protocol.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb 1.0.1 (Python) – Python library for working with CouchDB
- couchdb-iterator 1.1.0 (Node) – A fast and easy to ease CouchDB iterator for views and all documents
- couch_potato 1.6.5 (Ruby Gem) – Ruby persistence layer for CouchDB
- ember-cli-deploy-couchdb 0.1.0 (Node) – Ember CLI Deploy plugin for CouchDB.
- hoodie-server-store 1.1.0 (Node) – CouchDB REST and frontend API
- jsonobject-couchdbkit 0.7.2.0 (Python) – full featured and easy client to access and manage CouchDB.
- leanback 0.5.4 (Ruby Gem) – Simple Ruby interface to CouchDB
- own-couchdb 1.0.1 (Node) – A service to own CouchDB instances
- relax-model 2.4.1 (Node) – CouchDB data models with declarative validation
- relaxo-model 0.4.5 (Ruby Gem) – Relaxo Model provides a framework for business logic on top of Relaxo/CouchDB.
- rewrite-url-follower (Node) – rewrite the tarball URLs in couchdb from one registry to another
- sneakerjs 0.1.7 (Node) – Entity relationship automation for AngularJS and CouchDB/PouchDB
- spicy-action 5.4.0 (Node) – HTTP(S) proxy & Socket.IO relay for CouchDB and others
- well-groomed-feast 9.0.0 (Node) – Voicemail Application for FreeSwitch with CouchDB backend
- pouchdb-access 1.2.0 (Node) – A PouchDB plugin that provides simple access control for CouchDB databases.
- pouchdb-redux-helper 0.9.1 (Node) – Helpers for working with PouchDB in React with Redux store.
- pouchdb-security-helper 1.0.1 (Node) – CouchDB _security document helpers for PouchDB.
- vue-pouchdb 1.0.0 (Node) – Vue.js plugin for PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [PODCAST] FLOSS Weekly #379: Hoodie with Jan Lehnardt and Jenn Turner
- [POST] CouchDB: The innovative database for the next generation, AppBuzz
- [PODCAST] The Web Platform Podcast 80: Getting started with CouchDB
- [VIDEO] How npm split a monolith and lived to tell the tale, Laurie Voss
- [TUTORIAL] How To Install CouchDB On Windows, Swati Sharma
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [SLIDES] Offline-First Apps with PouchDB at Fluent by Bradley Holt
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB client for Go, Mirco Zeiss.
- CouchDB, how calculate two values in one view
- Managing users in _users with couchdb-python
- How to get from CouchDB only certain fields of certain documents for a single request?
no public answer yet:
- Display Data from CouchDB/PouchDB with KnockoutJS
- Display all data from CouchDB with knockout
- Rewrite URLs in CouchDB/PouchDB-Server
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- pouchdb-redux-helper 0.9.1, Helpers for working with PouchDB in React with Redux store, Bojan Mihelac.
no public answer yet:
- How to do authentication in Ionic using PouchDB
- Query in PouchDB – missing promise syntax
- Slow save in local Pouchdb with Ember.js
- PouchDB update element
- PouchDB with Laravel (without CouchDB)
- Intercepting PouchDB communications with CouchDB backend
For more new questions and answers about CouchDB, see these search results and about PouchDB, see these.
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub!
- CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us.
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- March 31, Boston (MA), US: New England Software Engineers – “Offline First” Night
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Data Engineer, Portland (OR), US
- Principal Software Engineer, Annapolis Junction (MD), US
- Code Mangler/ Balloon Artist/ Monkey Trainer, Brandon, (FL) US
- Rails Developer, San Diego (CA), US
- Senior Software Developer, Jersey City (NJ) US/Remote
- Software Designer III, Washington, DC, US
- Product Engineer, Chicago (IL), US
Time to relax!
- “As the children formed a circle, Wade asked the 5-year-olds to think about ‘anything happening at home, or at school, that’s a problem, that you want to share.’ He repeated his invitation twice, in a lulling voice, until a small, round-faced boy in a white shirt and blue cardigan raised his hand. Blinking back tears, he whispered, ‘My mom does not like me.’ The problem, he said, was that he played too much on his mother’s iPhone. ‘She screams me out every day,’ he added, sounding wretched.” – Can Emotional Intelligence Be Taught?
- “According to psychotherapist Ali Miller, MFT, our world is ‘fast-paced, competitive and doesn’t value rest or relaxation as much as productivity and consumption. Of course, it’s hard to relax.’ But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It helps to have some tools — like the ones below.” – When You Can’t Relax: 7 Tips to Try
- “If your boss is driving you crazy, or you’re fighting with a family member, or things aren’t going so well with your significant other – you’re not alone. Sometimes we just need well-spent time to ourselves to unwind and de-stress. Breathe. There’s an answer.” – 6 activities guaranteed to relax even the most stressed-out Vancouverite
- “Do you ever get so angry you just want to smash something? Well, now you can. One savvy Melbourne entrepreneur has set up the Break Room. In a cafe space in Brunswick, draped with plastic sheeting, visitors are given a baseball bat, a tub of crockery and they are allowed to cut loose.” – Smash away your stress
- “Stress can be emotional, physical or psychological, but our body responds in a similar way: heart rate and blood pressure increases, and mental alertness is enhanced. Consequently, it’s perhaps strange to think that deliberately stressing our body with a workout could improve our ability to handle other types of stress.” – Can You ‘Stress-Proof Yourself with Exercise?